Tuesday, July 22, 2014

A Plethora of Activity.....Post Views...12,159




    A "Plethora" of activity??  Well, really, I just like the word... 
Quickly, though, the days fly by and my flying with them is much slower....
     This morning I finally connected with a son who helps me with phone, computer, TV setup.  I have not been able to retrieve voice mail messages for a long time.  He resolved the issue for me so now I was able to access 31 voice mails starting from April 25.  If you were among those 31 calls that were ignored by me please accept my apology and remain my friend....or doctor....or piano student parent or creditor (maybe not).  
______________________________________________
      
       Monday evening granddaughter, Angie, and I went for dinner and then shopping.  That might sound quite normal and unimpressive.
But......it was not.  This was Angie's first day living as an independent adult. The day before she had moved to an apartment to share with some friends. This evening she did her first grocery shopping.  What to buy?  Not much.  Just enough to eat for a couple days while she figures out what she really wants or needs.   Yeah Angie!!
    We had a later dinner, which was alright with me since my mouth was numb most of the afternoon following dental work earlier in the day.  
                    What's better than going to the dentist?    Having frozen yogurt with hot fudge for lunch.....
________________________________________
       Saturday it was time to weed my pebble yard.....
 A pebble yard is suppose to be easy to take care of.......these pesky low growing weeds are always growing.....time go pull them out again....they have a milky, sticky substance in their roots that coats one's hands.
  


I found a use for left over oil designed to remove "wax" from hair removal product.  (Make that hair removal from one's legs.) It nicely dissolves that milky, sticky substance from one's hands.... 



Here's proof that too much sun and not enough water is not good for a body, no matter what form that body takes......


     Roses from my front yard.....this is prime rose growing country...
_____________________________________________________________

       Louie's open heart surgery is set for August 12 in mid Wisconsin.
The past few days have been focused on deciding when to fly to Wisconsin and how long to stay.  I want to visit family in southern WI and northern.....a difference of 300 miles......besides staying with Lou in the hospital for however long he is there.  
    I already have a ticket for early Sept. but need to exchange it for August.  How long to stay in Wisconsin is a major decision to be made by tomorrow so the ticket can be procured.  Several tasks to be completed before flying "east" AKA Midwest...
______________________________________
     I've decided to try a series of therapeutic massages to help heal an injured right shoulder.  I am finding them quite relaxing and I think there is progress in range of motion and lessening of pain in that complex of muscles.   Those massages could become habit forming....Ahhhh.....ouch......Ahhhh.....
___________________________________
     My plethora of activities have included contacting friends, walking, stretching, water aerobics, having "tea on the porch" with lady friends, reading a book, riding in a convertible, sleeping, watching news of world events, finally cleaning the house, mopping floors, sorting computer pictures, blogging......Oh,My....


    This has been a good 4 "plethora" days in the life of Grandma G.

     "Whatever you do, work at it with all your heart, as working for the Lord, not for men, since you know that you will receive an inheritance from the Lord as a reward."  (Colossians 3:23 & 24)

   



No comments:

Post a Comment