Monday, July 28, 2014

I'm Going to the Zoo, Zoo, Zoo.......Post Views....12,220


You can come too, too, too.......
I went to the Oregon Zoo....

   Who doesn't like a good trip to the zoo?  Senior travel folks sure do.  I've been wanting to go to the Oregon Zoo since I moved out here.  This trip made that happen.  I like to do something special on Birthdays of my kids....even though they are grown up.  Today was Chuck's B-day.  I trip to the zoo was in order.     
ENJOY THE PHOTO TRIP......







A monkeytail tree....                                        A monkey tail......









 






Hippo playtime....... 






 Oh, Mister Lion,
please don't eat that little girl.......she just wants to look into your mouth.....


Okay....
      I do have a Grandma G zoo story....I drove by myself to the senior center.  Got on the Parks van by myself.  I looked around a bit at the 8 double seats available to quickly decide where to sit. There was a lady in front of me that was alone as well.  I asked if I could sit next to her.  Sure, she said.   I introduced myself and she said her name is Mary.  She looked at me and said, "You look vaguely familiar."  I replied she did too. Perhaps we had met on a previous trip.  No, this was her first trip in several years.  Well, she wanted to know, where did I live?  Do I live in Creekside.  Well, yes I do.  So does she.  Did we meet at cards?  No, I don't play that.  Did we meet at Red Hats?  No, she hasn't done that for many years and she hasn't been to ladies' lunch for a long time.  Neither have we been to a movie together recently.  Well?   Do I attend "tea on the porch" at Nancy's?  Yes!  Yes, I do.  Mary and I have conversed 3 or 4 times at Nancy's.  There are only 4 or 5 ladies who attend, so......you can take Mary away from Nancy's and Grandma G won't have a clue who she is......after being zoo buddies for the day, hopefully even if you take Mary away from the zoo Grandma G will know who she is.....

      Also, I was a junior hero today.  Yes, indeed....
After having lunch with Mary and looking around in the gift shop
(where I refrained from buying anything) there was still 50 minutes before it was time to board the van and head back to the senior center.  Though it was almost 90 degrees by then I decided I wanted to see the eagles, so off I went on my own.  Now Mary had observed and commented earlier as we had descended to see the animals that the way back would be all up hill.  Oh....it was.  So now as I descended once more I was aware that the way back was up hill.  I strolled down through "the Northwest" and found the eagles and other northwest critters then decided it was time to return to the entrance.  I asked an attendant the quickest way back. Her reply was uphill is the way back.  OK.  Uphill I went.  At one point I noticed two senior ladies sitting on a bench and looking hot and perplexed.  Was I lost too?  No, just walking uphill.  Could I show them how to get back to the entrance?  They had been going down hill and up hill over and over and never got close to the entrance.  They also happen to be part of our group.  (I was thinking....good, I won't be the only one late for the departure time.)
So the three of us walked up hill together and together found our way back to the entrance.  Seriously, I was glad I was moved to go see the eagles or those poor ladies might still be going down hill and up hill over and over.  

     This is the last of my fun time adventures until mid September.  There are plenty of serious adventures to come, so check in as I am preparing to travel to Wisconsin for Lou's upcoming surgery.  

     This has been a good "going to the zoo" day in the life of Grandma G.

    "Now the Lord God had formed out of the ground all the beasts of the field and all the birds of the air.  He brought them to the man to see what he would name them; and whatever the man called each living creature, that was its name."  (Genesis 2:19)

No comments:

Post a Comment