Saturday, July 5, 2014

Beautiful Landscape......Post Views 11,908

        

     Friday afternoon Debbie invited me to ride along with their family when they took Micaela to Hood River (town) to babysit for some friends.  The drive was about an hour and a half.....along the Columbia River, once we left the cities behind.  We were in "the gorge" and into the fruit growing country.  

                           ENJOY THE SCENERY.....












     GRANDMA G, MT. HOOD AND 
              A  BUILDING NEAR  
              WHITE SALMON,WA


        We were home about 9:30.  Jake needed to quickly buy some fireworks.  Most all of them are legal in Washington.  (Awhile back I told Deb I couldn't remember if I was out here last July 4th.  She said I would certainly remember if I had been.)  I found out what she meant.  From 9:30 through after midnight I felt like I was in the center of a galactic popcorn popper.  Here in the park we are not allowed to shoot them off.  All around us, however, folks were having a great time.   Fireworks lit up the night sky in every direction.  It was strange because I couldn't hear any people.....just hear and see the firework activity.  Yes....I cannot forget that I was here in Vancouver for the 4th of July this year.  (Last year I was in Park Falls.  I have pictures to remind me.) 

Is that the Fiddler of the roof?  NO....It is the neighbor on the roof....to watch the fireworks..


____________________________________________
   On Saturday it was time to get back to water aerobics, to pull some weeds, to water the flowers, to do the laundry and to clean up the kitchen.  Gotta do it sometime!!

       This has been a good "remember the scenery" day in the life of Grandma G.

      "Let the rivers clap their hands, let the mountains sing together for joy; let them sing before the Lord, for he comes to judge the earth."  (Psalms 98: 8 & 9)

       


No comments:

Post a Comment