Wednesday, July 9, 2014

Much Ado About Small Things...Post Views...11,983

      It's time to bring this blog up to date.....Wed. July 9.  I still have fun, exploring times in Indiana to post, but that will come in time. Tomorrow I am off to a Columbia River "Lewis and Clark" cruise....strictly educational.....none of this "just for fun" stuff.  Ha, Ha.  
   But right now here's a few everyday happenings in the life of Grandma G.


     How one...or 3....gets one's truck across the highway in  Vancouver...... without using any gas.....


Not ALL my projects turn out well..... 

I didn't know that holly berries start out as little white flowers...
 I took in an abandoned holly tree. I didn't think it would survive,
but it is!!




How Does one celebrate her older sister's B-day when the older sister is in Indiana and "one" is here?  By going out for lunch at Beaches along the Columbia River with the ladies....16 of them.  (I was the only one in her right mind....that is a riddle.....)










And getting a pedicure with granddaughter, Angie.....
Happy, happy B-day, Kate!!
Hope you had a great day....
I did!!



     Louie had 10 teeth extracted on Tuesday in anticipation of his upcoming open heart surgery.  That is a serious side of life.  We will make arrangements to be with him when the date is set.  
     On Monday Debbie had the stints removed from inside and outside her nose from her injury of being hit by a LaCrosse ball.  Another serious side of life.  She is healing well and will return to work next week.     
     I am still struggling to use my at home time wisely instead of watching a Planet of the Apes marathon.  Too much monkeying around when I do such things.   
     Why was I the only one in my right mind at the ladies' lunch?  Was I left alone?  I have to hand that one to you.     

This has been a good 3 "small things" days in the life of Grandma G.

    "How much better to get wisdom than gold, to choose understanding rather than silver."  (Proverbs 16:16) 
    

 

No comments:

Post a Comment