Friday, March 8, 2013

A whole lot cheesy.....

 
This picture was in the travel magazine of the plane I flew in.
It is very interesting to me because I have 2 things in common with it.  I used to live in Wisconsin and I visited Mt. Rushmore last June.
I also like mild Cheddar cheese, but not 640 lbs of it. Of course, that is 640 lbs not available to eat. 
 
 
 
 

"What do you think, Teddy, do we admire the guy or do you think he is a bit cheesy?"
"Well, Abe, you got to give the fellow credit for be being such a cut up.  You can't be mousy to cut the cheese that way."
"How about you, Thomas, should we be honored that he picked us for his cheesy sculpture?"
"I just smell a rat, Abe."
"Oh, George, you know what they always say, 'Let George do it'. Do you think you could sculpt us that well?"
"I say, once a cheesehead always a cheesehead.  I 'd have rocks in my head if I thought otherwise. We do have a broader view of things, though, Abe.  What do you think?  A penny for your thoughts"
"It's always the same joke about Honest Abe. Honestly, I'd rather have 100 pennies for each ounce of cheese in that 650 lbs of cheeseheads." 
 
 
________________________________________________________________
 
          My day was a little cheesy, but sunny.  Went to the chiropractor again with my sore right shoulder.  He said shoulders are very difficult to heal out and one needs to keep exercising them to break up the scar tissue that forms.  Ouch.
 
           Spent time getting a lot of nothing done.  Some days go that way.  Did go for a walk and EXERCISED my right shoulder. 
 
          Chuck called from Milwaukee this evening.  I forget that they are 2 hours later than me and a whole lot more snowy. It is always fun to talk with Chuck.
 
        This has been a good "cheesy" day in the life of Grandma G. 
 
      "Taste and see that the Lord is good; blessed is the man who takes refuge in him."
 (Psalm 34:8) 

 

 









No comments:

Post a Comment