Thursday, March 21, 2013

World Down Syndrome Day 3/21

      Today was World Down Syndrome Day.    Pictured is my niece, Stephanie, and her daughter, Katie.  Their family lives in Indianapolis, Indiana.  Katie is the second child of three. 
 
Down syndrome is also known as Trisomy 21 which means three copies of the 21st chromosome. Therefore today, 3/21, is World Down Syndrome Day. According to the National Down Syndrome Society "celebrate the value, acceptance and inclusion of people with Down syndrome on March 21!" 
"Advocating" can mean be a walk on Washington or the decision to keep your child in the first place and all the actions required on a daily basis.  I am proud to know and support people who advocate and take action to the best of their abilities!




















Down syndrome is also known as Trisomy
"Advocating" can mean be a walk on Washington or the decision to keep your child in the first place and all the actions required on a daily basis. I am proud to know and support people who advocate and take action to the best of their abilities!  (Words of Stephanie on Face Book.)

 
Mary, Stephanie, Katie, Ray, Little Ray,
Christmas, 2011
 
Stephanie, Katie, Grandma Kate









Dad and Katie dance



Ray working at golf outing for DADS,2012
(Dads Appreciating Downs Syndrome)
 
 
 
 














     My greatest admiration goes out to all their family for all the love, nurturing, dedication, fun, strength, perseverance, teaching, family time and outreach time they have invested all these years. 
Love you guys!!






     This has been a good "Down Syndrome Awareness" day in the life of Grandma G.

"For you created my most inmost being; you knit me together in my mother's womb.  I praise you because I am fearfully and wonderfully made; your works are wonderful, I know that full well." 
(Psalm 139: 13 & 14)

No comments:

Post a Comment