Friday, March 29, 2013

Meet You In Indy by way of the PNW.....

     Today was a major visiting day in Indianapolis.   I met up with my former neighbors from Park Falls, WI.  This is how the story goes.   I moved to Park  Falls from Indianapolis when I was 10 years old, married and settled there. These folks were my neighbors in Park Falls. for over 20 years.  I babysat Marissa when she was a baby.  Marissa grew up, met a fellow from Indianapolis, married him and moved to Indianapolis.  A few years later her mom and dad moved to Indianapolis.   A few years later I moved from Park Falls to Vancouver, WA.  Three days ago I came to Indianapolis for a family visit and today we met up here in Indianapolis.  Chase and Avery are cute new little friends for me to meet. 

 
Marissa, Chase and Avery, Cindy, Grandma G
 
     Then it was on to visit another one of my sisters and her husband, Rose and Frank.   Kate, Betsy and I took a fast food lunch to share with them.   We were busy discussing our latest physical problems and medical tests.  They were eager to hear how I like living in Vancouver, WA.  I assured them I am completely happy and contented.   
 
      Later in the afternoon we treated ourselves to a "cheap movie" at a theater providing  inexpensive movie costs----$1.75.    We viewed  Lincohn.  Betsy and I hadn't seen it yet.  Kate had.  I found it to be an excellent and inspiring presentation of President Lincohn.  It made me realize how little of our country's history I have forgotten or never knew at all.  I highly recommend the movie.  
 
      With that we ate out for dinner, went to Kmart to buy Easter candy, took Betsy home, went to a grocery store, came home, boiled eggs, fixed a bean salad for the next day, filled candy eggs for an Easter egg hunt,  chatted while I did my arm exercises and....finally...went to bed.     

 Helping the Easter Bunny....
Indiana Sycamore tree in early spring......
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
       This has been a good, busy visiting day in the life of Grandma G.
 
     "May your unfailing love rest upon us, O Lord, even as we put our hope in you."  (Psalm 33:22)
 
     
 

No comments:

Post a Comment