Tuesday, March 26, 2013

Grandma G is Slacking off......

    Sorry, folks, Grandma G has been slacking off....that sounds better than.....lazy.   Kind of like the old folk song, "The old gray mare, she ain't what she used to be".   BUT, neither is she done for yet.
Guess there was too much, "hanging out in the PNW".

    Sunday was a great day with a blessed church service at our new location and then a pot luck lunch.  This pot luck was an enjoyable experience for me since I now know most of the people and feel like I belong.  (I had attended one right before Thanksgiving, but was a "stranger" at that time.)
        I made Jamaican jerk pork.  I was so involved in cooking that I forgot to get a picture of the yummy cuisine.  Believe me, it is VERY yummy.  Buy a jar of Jamaican jerk seasoning and slather (scrumptious word) it on pork or chicken, cook and indulge.  YUM.  Don't forget to insert chunks of fresh garlic as well. I learned of the tantalizing flavor several years ago on a trip to Jamaica where my daughter got married.  No problem, maun. 

      Monday was so beautiful I had to take a 2 mile walk. The trees remain beautifully pink. 




 






















          After that it was an hour of stretches while watching what trouble Dr. Michaela Quinn got herself into and out of in that same one hour.  

        Actually I have (had) other things on my mind.  On Wednesday I am flying east to Indianapolis. 
Yeah!   So there has been packing to do, dishes to finish, food to eat or freeze, emails to send, laundry to dry at Deb's house, an extension on my WI license plate to obtain so I have time to replace the title before getting a WA license plate, phone calls to make, 2 piano lessons to give.  Haven't been completely slacking off...  

       Next blog will be from Indy.  Check back in to see what adventures develop in the coming days.

 
3 Sisters on the 3 Sisters Mountains, Canada 
(Indiana sisters)
 
 
      This has been a good 3 "not really slacking off" days in the life of Grandma G.
 
 
      "Whatever you do, work at it with all your heart, as working for the Lord, not for men, since you know that you will receive an inheritance from the Lord as a reward."  (Colossians 3:23)
  •     

No comments:

Post a Comment