Thursday, March 14, 2013

Ladies' Luncheon/Corned Beef Pot Luck......

 ...To Lucky House Chinese/American restaurant. On Wednesday I was glad for the company of other ladies and the opportunity to socialize. It is easy for me to get isolated. The day can be very long if I don't get around other people for awhile on most days. It is a blessing that there is something to do almost every day here at Creekside. I am now simply part of the community. It is nice to take walks and have people say hi to me by name. (I'm not that up on others' names.) 

  











  The afternoon was so beautiful I needed to going walking---2 miles!   I was disappointed to see that my "view" would soon be blocked by new construction.  I guess that is the way cities do it. 




__________________________________________________________

     Today, Thursday, was the big corned beef and cabbage pot luck here at Creekside. Yum!   I haven't liked corned beef in the past, but this was very tender and not overly salty.  And lots of sides and desserts.  Yum!   Guess you know what makes us seniors happy.  We didn't have to cook it.



 

    Earlier in the day I went for a walk since the air was so balmy and warm.  A lady about a block away was cleaning out her yard.   I am now the proud owner of 2 barberry bushes and LOTS of dahlia bulbs.  All I need is to find someone to dig holes through the rocks and plastic underlay.   Grandma G's is on the way to landscaping!


      
   This has been a good 2 "out to eat" days in the life of Grandma G.

    "A generous man will himself be blessed, for he shares his food with the poor."  (Proverbs 22:9)











          

No comments:

Post a Comment