Monday, March 18, 2013

Off Schedule......

     Must have been too much St. Patty's day.....woke up at 4:15AM and couldn't get back to sleep after going to bed at 11:15 the night before.  5 hours of sleep won't work for me.   So after a bowl of oatmeal I went back to sleep from 8:30 to 11AM.  Good sleep.  Off schedule day. 

     On Sunday after a good church service I got busy cooking a meal of stuffed green peppers and carrot cake for Deb and family.  Yum.  But before that I did have a guitar lesson for middle school girl.  I am so eager to get a full schedule of students.  Makes me be in my element.
     I was glad to have family come over and spend the evening with me.  We watched the movie, The Life of Pi. I haven't figured out yet what it is all about.  Mysterious and strange. 




       Back to today.   I had another guitar lesson this afternoon.  This student is a lady in her late 70's.  I admire her determination to learn something new.  She is an inspiration to me.  We talked awhile about the effect of music on our lives, particularly on older folks with dementia.  How music brings them back to life at least for a little while.  I told her about my brother, Nick, who has Picks disease and how he will sing along with his wife.  This lady talked how she was looking for a nursing home for her mom and she was dismayed that none of them had any kind of music going for the residents. 

     The sun came out later in the afternoon.  The call to WALK.   I am amazed that spring is here!

                                            ENJOY PACIFIC NORTHWEST SPRING....




 

         This has been a good "off schedule" day  in the life of Grandma G.

       "Be at rest once more, O my soul, for the Lord has been good to you."  (Psalm 116:7)
    
    

No comments:

Post a Comment