Sunday, March 17, 2013

HAPPY ST. PATRICK'S DAY......

HAPPY ST. PATTY'S DAY!!!
 

Can you find the wee Leprechaun?


 














What I had LAST St. Patty's Day.  
 Made my stomach a little green.  

       Since this IS the start of St. Patty's Day I don't know what the luck of the Irish will bring me today.   Hope YOUR day is filled with the rainbow that leads to a pot full of fun and love and maybe a little fool's gold. 

       The past 2 days  have been off schedule a little.  I woke up feeling sick yesterday (Friday).  Don't know if it was a food allergy or a bug.  (That sure bugged me.)   I faithfully did my shoulder exercises before heading out to the chiropractor  mid afternoon.  From what I remember the day was quite warm, though cloudy.   Nice to be outside.  
        I went to Freddy's for groceries since I invited Deb and family and Carole over for stuffed peppers and carrot cake on Sunday. I am appalled how long it takes me to browse the aisles of a store these days.  It gave me a full afternoon into evening outing.   I did find the "perfect" chair for my studio and a set of luggage on a great sale.   And the groceries I needed.   

     Today, Saturday, I feel better, but used the "blahs" as an excuse to sleep in and not go to water aerobics.  The nice weather turned on us last night.  Today is typical March--rainy, windy and chilly.   A just right day to stay inside and mess up the kitchen with carrot cake creation---the most 
Awesome Carrot Cake---that's what the recipe stated.   So with down home blue grass Gospel music playing on the CD player, I did some down home cake baking.    Life is good! 


   









                                                Ready for the oven!!


       I did do the full scope of arm and stretching exercises today.  Took about 80 minutes.  Felt good.
Also had a long phone chat with a local lady friend.  Great.  Gave me a sense of belonging and fitting in and someone to identify with.    
        So with that, some piano practice,blogging and lots of dish washing, this Saturday has passed peacefully and domestically.  I as trying to NOT watch TV on Saturdays (starting last Saturday) just as a self discipline thing to let me know I don't NEED to be watching it to have a fulfilling day. 


      This has been a good 2 "sort of not feeling well" days in the life of Grandma G.

     "Peace I leave with you; my peace I give you.  I do not give to you as the world gives.  Do not let your hearts be troubled and do not be afraid."  (John 14:27)

      


No comments:

Post a Comment