Friday, June 8, 2012

An Annoying Predicament...

      It all started with this innocent looking guitar case.  Actually it probably all started when I decided to have a going out of business sale.  In truth, though, it all stared when I ordered a flying V guitar and a case to go with it many months ago.
     A lady bought the flying V and case for her son 2 weeks ago.  We were all happy about the sale.  Then the son went to put the guitar into the case.  Oops. The case was too small. (I hadn't thought to check sizing when I got them in.) I offered to order a larger size from my supplier and so I did.  Oops.  They no longer carry that size case.  Late last week the lady called to see if the case had come in.  Oops.  I told her I was just going to call her (really--I  just couldn't remember her name or knew her number) to tell her it wasn't available.  Earlier in the week I started studying the catalog of a different supplier and trying to decide on my own what size to order.  Then I called the supplier to see what they recommended. Oops.  They needed 4 dimensions before they would know if they had it. 
      With leaving on the 16th I needed enough time to order and have it here before then.  I called the lady for the measurements but she wasn't home.  Left her a message.  While cleaning out at the store I came across a soft gig bag I thought might work.  Thurs. evening at home there was a message with the length and width sizes.  Yeah!  It might be OK.  Went to the store this morning and discovered I had not brought along the measurements and I couldn't remember them. Oops.  Home again.  Back to the store.  Called the lady.  She came in this afternoon--with the flying V.  And.  And.  And.  It FIT!  YEAH!   

Moral of the story?
     Make sure guitars and cases fit when you order them?
     Don't have a going out of business sale?
     Don't be generous on your offers?
     Quick get out and don't let folks know where you are?
     Don't leave sales for the last minute?
     Use a flying broom instead of a flying V?
     Don't run a music store?
        Your choice! 
    


Sounds squirrelly to me! She must be nuts.







     The day started out with thunder storms then transitioned into sunny and hot.  Guess the weekend will remain that way.  No snow!!

     I spent 5 hours at the store, determined to pack up what is remaining.  Hopefully we'll get everything moved out tomorrow.  By Tuesday there should be no music store to go back to.

    I took a little time to go get boxes from the grocery store.  It's fun to get boxes because I can walk out of the store without paying for them.  At least I think I can.  I don't know why, but I've had to outrun the cops lately.
    The entire south side of Park Falls was completely crazy this afternoon--the torn up road, construction equipment all over, the heat, the TOURISTS, and one grocery store.  The parking lot was completely full.

     My oldest grandson had surgery on his hand on Thursday.  They put pins in a broken finger.  He hurt it a couple weeks ago, but didn't think it was broken.  He wants to learn to play piano so he better get it healed properly.  He called me just a few minutes ago to thank me for my concern.  Nice. 

This has been a good "resolve an annoying predicament" day in the life of  Grandma G.

"The Lord watches over you--the Lord is your shade at your right hand; the sun will not harm you by day, nor the moon by night." (Psalm 121:5 & 6)







    
    

No comments:

Post a Comment