Friday, June 22, 2012

Time to Pack....Again..



     Today was my last full day here in Vancouver....until late August.  The next trip with be ONE WAY to my new home.    


 (NOT my new house, I like the TREE)
     Carole and I did some serious SHOPPING, looking for items for my house.  Now I need to return to Park Falls and "downsize" my belongings to fit into a smaller home.  (Focus)

     
       This evening it is time to pack again.  Tomorrow it is on to South Dakota for family time with most of the 33 members of immediate family.  The ideal was to have EVERYONE together for a few days.  In reality 6 members couldn't come.  As mom and grandma I am disappointed not all can come, but I am very happy so many of us can be together.  Louie and I and all of our 7 children will be there for at least one day; that is the most important to me.  Yeah!  Last time we were together was 3 years ago.
      Tomorrow Deb, 21 year old Zach and I will be flying out of Portland, through Denver and into Rapid City where we will meet up with others.  Three families are en route today, Friday, and the rest on Saturday.    
      This is a HUGE event for me!  Lots of PICTURES!

     I did take time this evening to catch up on 2 of my favorite TV shows--Flying Wild Alaska and Deadliest Catch.  Kind of weird, seeing that they both are set in cold, snowy climate--the very kind I am escaping from.  I keep thinking,"I don't have to shiver and gulp frigid air this winter".  

This has been a good "last visit in Vancouver" day in the life of Grandma G. 

"From everlasting to everlasting the Lord's love is with those who fear him, and his righteousness with their children's children." (Psalm 103: 17)



          

No comments:

Post a Comment