Monday, June 11, 2012

It was 2:15 PM CDT....


     ....When I locked the door of Northwoods Music and Supplies for the last time.  No more going back!






one more sale?  nope                                                                           Frank vacuuming one last time




And to all a GOODBYE!!


     Its a GREAT feeling to be done.  I am so ready to go on to new adventures.  These past years have been a wonderful, life experience.  I've learned so much about others and myself and small business.
     I eagerly look ahead to see what life has to offer and what I can contribute.  Here's to a great new future!!


     I started off the day feeling very overwhelmed by all that needs to be done this week and the next 8 weeks.  It's like some people climb mountains and the closer they get to the top the more challenging are the immediate rocks to scale.  All their concentration goes into that particular rock.  I feel, too, that the closer I get to the actual move the more challenging are the particular tasks to be accomplished and the issues to be dealt with.  So much is in the mindset and attitude.  There is so much to sort out and "downsize". That is something that needs to be done at some point in life, so now is the ideal time to do that--I think.  Discipline and focus.  But that will all wait until July.  Now it is time for Vancouver, WA and Hill City, South Dakota!  Woo!  Woo!

     I did my laundry at the Laundromat next door while finishing cleaning out the music store.  That will be my life style for the next several weeks, unless the house owners replace the washer while I am gone. Gives me a fresh appreciation for home conveniences.

    6PM  Went to take out the garbage.  Our hot, sunny and windy day has abruptly turned cold, cloudy and windy.  BURRRrrrr...  

This has been a good "final last time at the music store" day in the life of Grandma G.

"Do not conform any longer to the pattern of this world, but be transformed by the renewing of your mind." (Romans 12:2)


     

No comments:

Post a Comment