Thursday, June 14, 2012

Rumbly, Rainy day in PF....

(Or, how to go from 40 rainy degrees to 80 sunny degrees in 50 minutes)
     Today the weather forecast in Park Falls was for isolated thunder storms.  We had ONE isolated storm from 8AM till 2 PM.....maybe longer since that is the time I left the area.  Two rumbles of thunder actually shook my house.   I was glad I did most of my packing the day before, since I need to put my big suitcase in the car and carry out my belongings in small amounts. (Can't lift a full large suitcase)


Double trouble---heavy rains AND road construction

     Louie drove with me the one and a half hours to the Rhinelander airport.  He needed to bring my car back to PF so he and Al's family have a vehicle to drive to South Dakota.  I drove for awhile but when I pulled over to take off my coat he offered to drive. OK.  I think  my driving scared him. 
     All day long my subconscious kept thinking I was making a 2,000 mile air trip.  In reality it was only a 30 minute flight to Milwaukee.  Check in at the airport went smoothly with an added bonus---a full pat down security check.  I went through the metal detector and the alarm sounded.  I knew I had nothing on to set it off.  The TSA lady said it just goes off randomly.  Yeah!   
     The plane was able to take off on time as the weather eased up.  We were told to keep our seat belts buckled the first half of the flight.  Abruptly we were into a 10 minute bumpy, jumpy, rattly roller coaster ride.  I think we flew into the daylong isolated thunder storm.  Glad when we had passed through it and into smooth clear flying.  

Descending into Milwaukee, WI along shoreline of Lake Michigan                                                  








After picking me up from the airport Chuck and I met Anna and the girls for dinner at Noodles and Company.

















And later met up with the Charlies' Angels Bikers Club
                                                 








    Charlies' Angels gone wild
     This has been a good "from to rainy to sunny" day in the life of Grandma G.   

"The heavens declare the glory of God; the skies proclaim the work of his hands." (Psalm 19:1)                                     

No comments:

Post a Comment