Monday, June 4, 2012

Fooled Myself!

    I thought I would be done with the store by Monday and have "nowhere to go".  Seems like I will be piddling there most of this week.   It is a GREAT feeling, though, to not be obligated there noon through 5 PM Monday to Friday. 


       In the evening I took in 9 year old granddaughter, Autumn's, softball game.  She's a great batter.  Maybe not so as catcher.  Both her mom, dad and grandpa Louie had athletic prowess.  Not so Grandma G, although I remember playing in neighborhood ballgames when I was 11-12 years old.
      After the game I offered to drive her to the next field where her mom was coaching a different game.  With a bashful smile she glanced at a cute boy standing there and said they were going to walk over there.  The story of life!





What's behind the blue door?
Find out tomorrow!


   
     Chuck called later in the evening.  We chatted at length regarding my move in August and the 3 senior sisters cross country drive.  I think details are starting to gel. 


This has been a good  "first day of semi retirement" day in the life of Grandma G.


"Sow your seed in the morning, and at evening let not your hands be idle, for you do not know which will succeed, whether this or that, or whether both will do equally well."  (Ecclesiastes 11:6)

No comments:

Post a Comment