Thursday, September 6, 2012

A Mixed Day...

     I was a good, health conscious lady and got up, got myself to water aerobics.  I didn't remember any names.  For that matter I didn't remember how to get to the club house.  I turned to the left instead of the right as I walked from my house.  I DID get a ride in the manager's "mule" as he offered to give me a ride there. 
     There were 9 ladies at the workout.  Afterwards I chatted a bit while we soaked in the hot tub.  They gave me pointers on how to get out of the parking lot at Fred Meyers and told me of a back street that makes the travel easier.  They informed me of a store close by that has good buys and sales.
     I also met Frank and Trixie.  Trixie is a little brown wiener dog.  Guess she is known and catered to by the entire community.  Frank seems like a friendly fellow who has lived here for 7 years.  We had  a pleasant chat.  He has not been to northern Wisconsin.


    I had a happy surprise of a package on my porch.  Gerry and Gretta sent me flowers to welcome to my new home. 
























     Since I relaxed and wiled away the morning I told myself I had to have "work time" from noon until 6PM. There is a mountain of paper work that needs to be attended to.  Most of my available surfaces look like mini tornadoes have blown through.  I did manage to plow through some of it.  Not a lot, though. 
     I was feeling very "in" when after a phone call I realized I needed to receive a fax----I have a fax on my copier, and the guy on Sat. set me up with the required cord to go with it.  All was great until I couldn't get it to work.  I REALLY dislike technology stuff.  So.... no fax, that's the facts.  And... my Wifi isn't working.
    I did connect by Skype to Stephanie way back 1,900 miles in northern Wisconsin.  She live so far north that if she drives a few blocks north she will plunge into Lake Superior (south shore).
  









      By late afternoon life was feeling a bit boring and isolated.  I continued with "work time" while dreaming of walking this evening.  Still too warm to walk eary evening and I gave into watching an ok movie, followed by an hour trying to remember how to play my piano pieces.  Oops!  Can't remember most of them.  Ouch.  All the more reason to find a professional printing company to print my music!
     It is off to bed now for more adventures tomorrow.  I take the car into a shop near here--and near the mall.  The "check engine soon" light lit up during most of our drive through Glacier Park and Canada, went off and has now been back on.  Hurray for faithful buggy in getting us here! 
    Tomorrow evening will be my first monthly pot luck here at the park.  Busy day!

______________________________________________________________

Enjoy a few Kate's pictures from Banff, Canada

 street markers
town bus---we got free passes compliments of the hotel

 Banff Springs Hotel  dedicated 1888
 funcky tree trunks

 Kate sniffed the poppies and had runny, stuffy nose for several hours!  Don't sniff the poppies.

view of main street in Banff

       Vicki and Cow











    

      This has been a good "mixed" day in the life of Grandma G.

     "Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself.  Each day has enough trouble of its own."  (Matthew 6:34)

No comments:

Post a Comment