Tuesday, September 25, 2012

No Cutesy Little Dog for me.....



   I am proud of myself for driving in San Diego!  It is actually a suburb, but still city.  I need to drive Gemma to her school.  For some people this might not be such an accomplishment, but for me, well.........  My idea of traffic is 3 cars sharing the same block with me.




 
     Gemma loves to sing.  She sings about everything.  She was hospitalized the first month of her life for esophageal surgery.  She had been born with a disconnected esophagus. Her dad put a small recorder in her crib to constantly play soothing music to  her. I sometimes wonder if that didn't wire her little subconscious to express everything in song. 



ocean view on foggy day

    After returning home I had until 2:15 to occupy myself.   I went for a 40 minute walk about mid morning.  The air was quite humid though the breeze from the ocean was cool.  There was a mist across the shoreline and it drifted up beyond the hills.

    Back at the house I spent time "cleaning out" my computer.  I reduced one email address from 720 messages in the  inbox to 6.   And then deleted the "trash".  My computer is lighter already!!  That plus tending to a business issue brought me to time to pick up Gemma and spend the rest of the day with her and brother, Jude. 
 
   I may even drive around a little more tomorrow!   Maybe.


      Bird of Paradise flowers
 
_________________________________________________________________________________
 
 
 
 
      Jude and Gemma have this cutesy, fluffy little dog named Allie.   Gemma said that Allie's tags jingle like Santa's sleigh bells.  I started out for a walk this Tuesday morning.  About a block into the walk I heard Santa's sleigh bells.  Allie was following me.  So back I go with her and figured she may as well walk along on a lease.   It wasn't the most enjoyable walk I've had.  To Allie, though, it was a bonding experience.  She never left my side the rest of the day. 
     With the  mom of the house gone, I guess I'm the next best.  The little darling was constantly under my feet or gazing expectantly into my eyes.   (I actually gave no thought to her digestive needs until I was sitting on their patio and I realized it graced 5 clumps of doggie do. Guess who gets to clean them up if one wants an appealing patio.)
     Anyway, what this is leading to is that just last week I allowed my mind to picture a cutesy, furry little dog running around in my new house--for companionship, you know.  However, today brought reality to me.  I know there are genuine doggie lovers out there, but I am not one of them.  I quite enjoy my lonesomeness and aloneness.  Having an affectionate pooch under foot is not the remedy for me.  Therefore.....No Cutesy Little Dog for Me......Nope.
     I did take some time today to sit and reflect that I am now a West coast mama.  Wisconsin seems so far away.  I still have a lot to do to settle in and be at home.  But I have the rest of my life to do that.  Lots of years, I hope. 
 
 ocean view on a clear day.....
 
                            supper at a local Taco Bell....
 
    This has been a good 2 "hanging out in San Diego" days in the life of Grandma G.
 
     "Trust in the Lord, and do good; dwell in the land and enjoy safe pasture.  Delight yourself in the Lord and he will give you the desires of your heart."  (Psalm 37: 3 & 4)
 
 
    
 
 
 

        

No comments:

Post a Comment