Tuesday, September 18, 2012

Cuture Shock.....

     I need to let my psyche rest and catch up to where my body is.  I was driving around Monday afternoon exclaiming, "I can't believe I am a city slicker".  Actually I am not a "slicker" yet because traffic and people still alarm me.  After living surrounded by trees and few people for 56 years I haven't quite grasped the "lots of people and cars" and businesses all around.  (In Park Falls everything is either 5 minutes or 2 hours away.) 
    I find it interesting, though, that this brings back memories of being a child living in Indianapolis.  It's like this isn't completely unfamiliar to me.  A part of me senses a "home" feeling--the city buses, the slightly unkempt streets, dry patches of ground in empty lots, the sound of traffic, people hurrying or loitering on the sidewalks.  I think the difference is that as a child I didn't have to DRIVE in all this.    
     On Monday I attended the Bible study here in the recreation center.  It was a refreshing meeting;one that I know I will enjoy and look forward to on Mondays. 
     I found my was back to the chiropractor and then went to check out the local BI-Mart.  It costs $5 for a life time membership.  The outside of the building disguised the largeness of the interior.  It is an employee owned store with most everything one might be looking for.  With it being only 5 minutes from my house I think I will shop there often.
     When I got home I was happily surprised by an email from a lady friend in Park Falls.  I honestly responded to her that I have been thinking about her and others, BUT.....so I gave a friendly update on how I am doing.
      The weather has been sunny and hot.  I have heard from several folks that this is unusual.  "Usual" would be rain right now.  I am not complaining, though the afternoon are very hot.  I do have air conditioning.
     I went walking in the neighborhood in the evening.  I am starting to recognize a few people so accompanied 2 of them and stopped to talk with others.  One lady works at a school close by; I may have a lead on how to advertise for students. 
    Spent some time "recalling" my piano songs.  I need to get them performable.
___________________________________________________
Tuesday.....
        Took off from blogging Monday evening and went to bed early---rest my emotions and subconscious.
        Took the car back to the repair shop this morning.  Had some mix up in scheduling so left and went to get a perm and then came back.  The perm experience was good.  I'll see what I look like in a few days.  Having a new hairdresser takes some tweaking.
        The car experience was daunting, yet understandable.  They didn't charge anything for a recheck but announced that the front catalytic converter is not working and can pose trouble soon.  For the quote they gave me I need to save up a little cash to afford the repair.  And put off getting all the WA vehicle stuff and license I need to do. 
       This was all so exhilarating that I went home and vegged on the couch for 2 hours.

The next 2 days will be FUN.  Angie and I are driving  out         
the Oregon Coast for R & R.  Yeah!

_______________________________________________________

Trek Across Canada........




"Natural" bridges across roads for the animals to pass safely





fence along the main highway to keep animals off the road


truck stop cafe along the way

 road chiseled between the mountain
overnight in Hope

 fully packed car 
 
           attack of the photo phantom
 













 This has been a good 2 "let the psyche rest" days in the life of Grandma G.


"So do not fear for I am with you; do not be dismayed, for I am your God.  I will strengthen you and help you; I will uphold you with my righteous right hand."  (Isaiah 41: 10) 

No comments:

Post a Comment