Friday, September 14, 2012

Happy 35th B-day......

        Today was my youngest child's 35th B-day.   William is number 7 of 7 children.  He was scheduled to be a girl.  When the babies were coming I had a brown eyed girl, a brown eyed boy and a blue eyed boy; then a brown eyed girl, a brown eyed boy followed by a blue eyed boy.  According to the established pattern # 7 would be a brown eyed girl.  Well, he had the brown eyes. 

                            Happy 35th B-day, William!  Billyrock! 
Glad you are a guitarist and computer man!  And a great son!   


 "You know, Ted, I've always thought highly of William."
 "I agree with you, Abe, he is rock solid just like us."
                                       GeoLou Schmidts in South Dakota             June, 2012
                                Debbie, Gerry, Burt, Chuck, William, Al, Angie, Geo, Lou


     I always like to do something special on the kids' birthdays.  Today I washed the inside and outside of my deck doors.  That is something I have never done before.  My very own deck and deck doors!  And William is coming for Thanksgiving.  I may have to wash them again by then. 

      Today was a "business" day.  I sorted out a bunch of paperwork and tried to write up a budget for my new life in the PNW.  (Three episodes of Star Trek this afternoon slowed me down a bit.)  I do have to get into work mode and recruit a number of piano students--just as soon as I get my studio set up.

______________________________________________________
Banff  Flashback.....
The day my 70 year old sister out did me......

 Hiking the " Sunshine Meadows" trail.....
On Thursday morning Kate and Vickie wanted to do a "moderate" hike while Betsy and I stayed at the motel to do easier things. 
   The hike was quite spectacular and the bus ride up and down even more astounding---old school bus on hairpin turns.






   

     
                            

























 This has been a good William's B-day in the life of Grandma G. 

      "A wise son brings joy to his father (and mother)."  (Proverbs 10:1)
    

No comments:

Post a Comment