Sunday, September 23, 2012

On to San Diego....

 
      After two fun filled days at the Oregon coast and a super tried (though necessarily busy)  Friday I headed off to San Diego on Saturday morning.  (As Garfield says about eating lasagna, "it's a rough life but somebody has to do it".) 
      Gerry and Gretta bought me a plane ticket to come down and watch their 2 children while she is in Italy with 2 lady friends and Gerry is gone on a business trip.  To me this is what family and being partly retired is about--helping out and spending time with grand kids at the same time.  I want to stay involved as long as my health allows me to.
      Travel TO the airport is much easier now.  I am there in 15 minutes.  In Wisconsin it is at least a 2 hour drive.  And then 5 hours flight time to arrive on the west coast. 
      My son, Bill, picked me up in San Diego mid afternoon.  I'd forgotten how pretty the white buildings and palm trees are--and how much fun to land almost parallel with the downtown buildings.  Unfortunately it is way bigger and busier than Portland/Vancouver.  Unfortunately, also, Bill, will be traveling for the week as well.
      This is only the second time I have flown south from Portland.  The scenery was stunning with almost steady mountains in view--the San Andrea's, I think.
      It was hot and actually humid when I stepped out onto the San Diego sidewalk.  Bill had circled and then parked while waiting for me waiting for my luggage.  Soon we were on our way to Gerry's.
     I will be here several days---bonding with the kids and catching up on LOTS of computer clean out. 
     Now it is off to bed for me--still catching up on energy.  I hear the kids are up at 6:30AM.  Ouch.  

 
 
goodbye to Mt. Hood.....
hello San Andrea's....

                                 And Golden Gate Bridge....


mysterious San Fransisco landmark.....
San Diego sunset.....

paint project after movie watching time.....













 
     This has been a good 2 "travel to San Diego" days in the life of Grandma G.
 
"The mountains melt like wax at the presence of the Lord, at the presence of the Lord of the whole earth.  The heavens declare his rightousness, and all the peoples see his glory."  (Psalm 97: 5 & 6)

No comments:

Post a Comment