Wednesday, September 12, 2012

New Friends....

     Debbie and Sissy had talked about coming over for the evening and to sleep over.  Sissy has some doctor appointments tomorrow and this is going to be a bonding evening.
     In anticipation I have cleaned my house--at least the first layer.  There were still boxes waiting to be emptied and then discarded, the bathroom tidied up, the kitchen cleaned and the guest room to be readied.  I am now ready.  
     Earlier today I attended the monthly ladies' lunch out.  There were 15 ladies.  I learned a few more names and hopefully am on the way to new friendships.  One lady was talking about forming a Canasta card group.  I remember playing that in my younger years.  I think I would enjoy playing that.  The ladies each give a quarter and then the waiter picks a number.  Whoever has that number wins the quarters.  I didn't win.  Each month's B-days are celebrated.  Marie had a B-day this month.  She is turning 93.  Hope to do that well and see 93 myself!
     Deb and Sissy did not make it over to spend the night.  They are picking me up in the morning to tour Clark College and to go to lunch.  (I am disappointed they didn't come, but am glad to have had a reason to clean my house.  Took a half hour walk and did some more cleaning this PM.)
     I had actually woken up a bit disturbed with personal problems, but the friendship and busyness of the day has erased those feelings.  It is good to have friends and to be busy.
     Enjoy a few "Kate's photos" of Lake Louise! 





 
    
    

     This has been a good out to lunch with the ladies/ house cleaning day in the life of Grandma G.

"The Lord would speak to Moses face to face, as a man speaks to his friend."  (Exodus 33:11)


No comments:

Post a Comment