Sunday, September 16, 2012

The Adventure Continues.....

      The adventure of small town to big town AKA city
      The adventure of senior lady living alone
      The adventure of one who is direction ADD.
      The adventure of a lemon---car that is
      The adventure of idea rich and money scarce

     I woke up this morning knowing that THIS Sunday morning I would get to the church service I was planning.  NOT.   I had even map quested the address.  I found the location....but.....no church.  Having pulled over into a parking lot I considered my options.  Call the church; no number with me.  Call Carole; no answer.  Go back to find a church I had passed and attend their service; chose not to--didn't know the times.  Go home; chose not to.  Go to Debbie's;  I did--I was close by.   
     She helped me figure out what I was doing wrong.  I had map quested the church office and not the building where the service was held.  Oh.  NEXT WEEK I will get there.  Actually not.  I am going to San Diego for 10 days. 

     I spent most of the morning and afternoon with Deb.  I told her of my anxiety about driving in the city.  It is "unreasonable" since traffic really isn't all that awful.   We watched a 2 part long movie.  Very entertaining one about Queen Elizabeth I.
     At one point Deb said that Frank has asked if I had posed the question, "What have I done?" referring to moving out here.  I said only a little when everyday matters seem overwhelming to handle.
     Like, on the way home the "service engine soon" light came on again after spending $1,300 on car repairs.  Bummer. 
    Like, when someone says weeds will pull out easy because there is a plastic weed barrier under the small rocks.  Don't believe that one.
    Like,  where did they move the church to this week?
    Like, how do I find my way to the grocery store---and every other store?
    Like, how do I keep myself productively busy here at home rather than sitting in front of the TV?
    Like, what do I for an income?

   This was a good day, though,  since I drove around VC, visited with Deb and family, watched a good movie, got home OK with the car, walked 35 minutes, took out the gargabe can (important) and practiced piano 1 hour.

_______________________________________________________

                                          CANADIAN WILDLIFE











I'm watching you....
                                                         
                                                WE (the girls) are watching YOU!
     This has been a good "adventure continues" day in the life of Grandma G.

"The Lord will keep you from all harm---he will watch over your life; the Lord will watch over your coming and going both now and forevermore."  (Psalm 121:7 & 8)
    

No comments:

Post a Comment