Saturday, September 1, 2012

SHE'S OUT THERE....AGAIN

     I am out there once again!!  And it sure feels GOOD!!  This morning and early afternoon a patient technician from COMCAST spent 3&1/2 hours wiring up my house for internet, cable, phone and WIFI.  He explained a bunch of stuff to me--stuff that I have already forgotten.  BUT...I am wired and out in cyberspace here at home....so I am happy!

     Did I get with the program here at Creekside?  Nope.  I was going to start water aerobics this morning.  I did not.  But Carole and I had a great shopping experience to get a TV, stools, bookcase, small table and lots of little stuff---including---.  Yes, I did it.  You won't believe it.  Will she REALLY do it?  She IS living in the Pacific Northwest now.  How long will it take her?  How far will she go?  She's going to do THAT in January?       
                                                      HIKING BOOTS  

     When I read in the Senior Messenger  that seniors actually go out for hikes in January and February I had to run out (figuratively) and buy a pair of hiking boots.  Back in northern WI the temperature in Jan and Feb is somewhere between -20 and 5 degrees.  We don't do any hiking there--I didn't.  
     Every Tuesday from Sept through April there are senior hiking events from 8:30AM to 4:30PM.  "Easy" hikes are from 3-5 miles.  I need to get in shape just to do the easy one.   Great opportunities. 




                                   FLASHBACK    GLACIER NATIONAL  PARK
                        (Kate's pictures)









      
     This has been a good "get wired" day in the life of Grandma G.

"There is surely a future hope for you, and your hope will not be cut off."  (Proverbs 23:18)

            


No comments:

Post a Comment