Saturday, September 8, 2012

Pushing the Limits....And TWO B-days!!

    ..... AKA crazy day.  
         You know that carton thing about the repair man asking you to check the plug first before he tries anything else?  Well, sometimes that's true.  Yah.  This morning I looked over the fax machine again.---and the plug.  I shimmied it a little, then heard a click.  Click! went my brain.  I called the number in Park Falls and asked them to try again.  AND.....the fax came through. 

        Question.  How many times do you walk over an item on the floor before you decide to pick it up or move it?  A pillow?  A coat?  A toy? A keyboard?


On my way to the fax machine.....housed on top of a drum set box.
 
      I took the car into the auto repair this morning.  The man said he would call me in 1&1/2 hours to let me know what was found.  That he did.  The car would not pass the Washington state emissions test,  he said, and told me what had to be done for $750.  I didn't have any choice; it had to be done.  That stressed me so much I had to go look at table sets at Penny's in the Mall.  Actually I was looking at them when the man called.  (The mall is just 3 blocks up from the auto repair.)  I saw a set that was on clearance.   Long story, short, I bought it.  Someone is delivering it tomorrow.  Yeah!  
 
 The Vancouver I moved here for


 

Just a hint of autumn in the air.
 
      Carole was working at Penny's---just getting done.  She offered me a ride home since the car won't be ready until 3PM.  Once there, I prepared my dish for the community pot luck and watched my first movie produced in India.  People and situations are the same all over the world---just clothing and accents are different! 
 
      Carole again picked me up to go get my car.  The mechanic announced the need of another $650 part replacement.  What is one to do?  Gotta trust him and get it done.  Can't pass the emissions test without it.  So....Tuesday it will  be back to the repair shop.
 


 local flowers
lemon cucumbers from a neighbor 
      
     
     The evening passed enjoyably with the pot luck that featured corn grown here in the community.  Yum!  I was told there are blackberry bushes nearby. Blackberry picking this weekend!  Someone also explained the adjoining wet lands and green space---land that is allowed to remain as nature wants it. 
___________________________________________ 
 
HAPPY 7TH B-DAY TO OLIVIA!!  CHA! CHA! CHA!
 
 
                       Olivia lives in Milwaukee, WI with 2 sisters and  mom and dad, Anna and Chuck.


                                           
                                                
Olivia, Louisa and Emilia at Mt. Rushmore in June
 
 
     This has been a good "pushing the limits" day in the life of Grandma G.
 
 
      "Praise be to the Lord, to God our Savior, who daily bears our burdens."  (Psalm 68:19)
 
 
______________________________________________________________
 
SATURDAY, SEPT. 8
 
HAPPY 5TH B-DAY TO LOUISA!  CHA! CHA! CHA!
 
 
 
Louisa and Olivia are 2 years and 1 day apart!
 
 















With Grandma G in Park Falls,



                                                                                   .....in South Dakota
 
_________________________________________________
 

       Saturday was a day for relaxing after a stressful Friday.  Carole picked me up for 11 year old, Jake's, football game.  He was the star of the game, having made 2 touchdowns!

       




It's so beautiful to have a purpose.
(collecting money for every touchdown---for end of season party)

                                                                                                



Grandma G, Grandma Carole, Keys, Deb




           What better way to continue a relaxation day than with a Thai food lunch and, (back home)     3 hours of Star Trek, phone call to the B-day girls,  and........BLOGGING! 

     This has been a good relaxation day in the life of Grandma G.
"He who dwells in the shelter of the most high will rest in the shadow of the Almighty."  (Psalm 91:1)

No comments:

Post a Comment