Wednesday, December 12, 2012

12/12/12

     12/12/12  What could be more perfect than 12/12/12?  To have a Birthday on 12/12/12.  I don't.
Special "dates" are fun.  There will NEVER be another 12/12/12.
    Actually this has been a special day for me.  I had lunch with a pastor friend of mine.  We had great conversation at Shari's restaurant in Vancouver.  I have decided on a church here in VC.  I am ready to settle in, meet new folks who will soon become friends.  I even know my way there and back without getting lost---I think.
    Only unsettled project is obtaining piano students.  I plan to start being "gainfully employed" in January.  This has been a productive last 7 months with the move, cross-country trip, settling into my new house---a sabbatical of sorts.   Time now to get into the ebb and flow of PNW living---my new home. 
    Angie is coming over tomorrow.  She studied "marketing" in high school.  She is going to set up a Face Book page for my studio, find a way to advertise my Grandma G's Studio web page, help me write up fliers to take to the schools and post on store bulletin boards.  She will be my marketing agent.  You go girl!  My goal?   25 students a week. 
________________________________________________________________

WAUWATOSA SANTA FLASHBACK 2011
 
 SANTA RAMPAGE---DOWNTOWN
MILWAUKEE, WISCONSIN 
 LATE DECEMBER


 
 
                                                              SANTA DADDY CHUCK


                                                3 COLD ANGELS & 1 COOL GRANDMA
 




 




 WHO'S SANTA?
HO! HO! HO!
WOULDN'T YOU LIKE TO KNOW?
 
_________________________________________________
 
     Backwards.   Awkward.  Tuesday 12/11    (That's not as impressive as 12/12/12)
 
CANCELLED.......
YES, CANCELLED.....
 
     My very first Vancouver gig got cancelled before it ever happened.  Musician Bob and I were booked to play accompaniment for the Christmas sing along after the Christmas pot luck.  Of all the bad luck.  Blame it on the weather.  Blame it on the postponed blacktopping project.  Just don't blame it on us.  Seems the project was scheduled to happen today (Tuesday) but because of rain it had to be rescheduled for Thursday.  The project includes the road in front on the club house.  The office lady called and said they had to cancel Christmas. (We Wisconsin Schmidts had to cancel Christmas last year and I never did get a present from my kids.  Not that I am complaining or even remember such mishaps.)   Well, they really didn't have to cancel Christmas but they did have to cancel the bad luck--I mean pot luck.  Which means they had to cancel us musicians as well.  They say fame is short lived.  I didn't know it was that short lived.     

  

WINTER AT THE GEOLOU SCHMIDTHOUSE
PARK FALLS, WI
 
     "On the ninth and tenth day of Christmas I thought of winter snow....
and rejoiced I live where there's grass to mow."
 
     This has been a good 2 mid-December days in the life of Grandma G.
 
   "'Come now, let us reason together,' says the Lord, 'Though your sins are like scarlet, they shall be as white as snow'."
 
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment