Friday, December 21, 2012

Are We Still Here?

 
 
     There has been some discussion about the world ending today.  It appears we are still here.   I don't think too many folks were worried about it, but I feel sorry for those who had to be afraid of the happening. 
      I developed a headache overnight.  Don't know if is allergy, sinus, virus or pinched nerve.  Fortunately I was already scheduled for a chiropractic adjustment.  I think that helped, along with an ice pack, a nap and not moving around very fast.  Hope I am all better by tomorrow because it is preparation day for 3 days of Christmas celebrations. 
     I've been spending a lot of time at the piano.  I am going to play and sing an original Christmas song for my church service on Sunday morning.  It is a song a wrote a number of years ago, but haven't done much with.  So, it is a matter of figuring out a set accompaniment, learning it, practicing with the singing part and exercising my voice so I don't sound like a grandma (hello). It feels good to be at the piano again.
    I'm a little lonesome for my Wisconsin family.  I am getting to know folks out here, but the city is still bigger than  the 2, 900 citizen town of Park Falls.  I am NOT missing the  2 degree temperature they are having right now.  Friday I am flying "east"  for a Christmas visit.  Yeah!  (As long as there in no snow on the roads.)  Oh, last night my car was frosted over.  Ick.  It was gone by  today; the afternoon temps were quite mild, but I wasn't up for a walk.
__________________________________________________________________

      Yesterday I received a box of business cards.  I am another step closer to getting back into giving piano lessons.  Good. 
 
Angie, Micaela and Jake (and Bentley dog) came over to finish decorating cookies.  I
 
 
FLASHBACK
INDIANAPOLIS CHRISTMAS
2011
 




 6 of 7 Indianapolis siblings
(2 more in Park Falls)





Visiting my foster sister and dad----Jim died in the spring at 93.
Susie is oldest of 13 children








    
    "On the 19 day of Christmas the world didn't come to the end......
so I wrote out a few Christmas cards to send."

    This has been a good 2 pre-Christmas days in the life of Grandma G. 

     "Heaven and earth will pass away, but my words will never pass away.  No one knows about that day or hour, not even the angels in heaven, nor the Son, but only the Father." 
 (Matthew 24: 36-37)

 
 
 
 
 
 


No comments:

Post a Comment