Sunday, December 23, 2012

I Left my Sock at.....

     This has been a busy weekend.    Saturday I sent out a number of emails to Wisconsin folk to make sure I have a welcoming welcome when I arrive on Friday for a week.  Also talked with my sister in Indianapolis for a long time.  Then it was time to head out to Freddy's for some Christmas shopping. 
    All went well until.....until.......I lost my sock.  OOPS.  An "all man made material" boot doesn't feel very comfortable without a sock.  One sock on and one sock off.  I think there is a nursery rhyme that involves that and Deedle Deedle Dumpling, My Son John.   Maybe it was a shoe.  Been lots of years since I thought of that one.  Anyway,  I was looking for the just right boot or shoe to go with my Christmas outfit for the next day.  I took off my right boot and sock to try on a possibility, AKA a shoe.  Then several followed; soon my left boot and sock came off (on purpose--I took them off).  After many try-ons I decided to keep my money and wear the boots I had taken off.  Time to put them back on.  By then I was down the aisle from where I started.  My left sock was right there. (Actually it may have been my right sock that I left there.)  Come to think of it, I put the sock on my right foot; I remember walking around with no sock on my left foot.  Anyway,  I put on one sock and boot then looked around for the other sock---not there.  I went down the aisle to where I first started out thinking it might be laying there--NO.  Ends up I never did find it and trudged around Freddy's for 2 hours with an uncomfortable left foot.  When I got home I threw away the other sock, which at that moment was a right foot sock
    _______________________________________________________

     Sunday, Dec, 23   Christmas Eve, Eve. 
     This year it is like a 3 day Christmas--to me anyway.   This morning I sang my original song for my church service.  Who Do You Say He Is.  It is the Bible Christmas story in song  and then the question to ask oneself, "Who do I think Jesus is?"  The presentation went well and was well received.  Debbie and Angie came to the service.  I was happy to have family there. 
     After church it was back to Freddy's for just 3 items.  The day was sloppy wet--like God forgot to turn the cosmic faucet off.  But it wasn't SNOW or ICE.  I was grateful to finally get home.
      At 6PM the Millers and Carole were coming over for a Christmas dinner of New York roast and the trimmings. It was 1PM when I got home; 5 hours to finish lots of stuff like cooking, cleaning up, wrapping presents, waving the broom at the smoke alarm until it quit it's annoying noise, making a mincemeat pie.  Christmas is not Christmas without mince meat pie.  I couldn't find one to buy so had to make one. 


     Our dinner was delicious and the hang out time was fun.  I let people open the presents I had bought for them.  Even Bentley dog received a gift.  (that's a first for me.)
     They did come over with the news that a 2.8 earthquake a few miles west of their house  had just happened (4:28PM).  They said they felt it.  Still, beats constant snow and cold.     

   
    "On the 21st day of Christmas I baked a mincemeat pie...
and had roast beef dinner with all the Millers close by."
    
     This has been 2 good pre-Christmas days in the life of Grandma G.

     "While they were there [Mary and Joseph in Bethlehem], the time came for the baby to be born, and she gave birth to her firstborn, a son.  She wrapped him in cloths and placed him in a manger,  because there was no room for them in the inn."  (Luke 2:6-7)

    

    

No comments:

Post a Comment