Tuesday, December 4, 2012

Temperate Rain Forest....

      Monday continued rainy after a torrential rain Sunday night.  I did get to the 2 hour Bible study here in the park.  It is good to get out and interact with others, rather than being home alone. 
   The weather channel declares a temperature tie between Park Falls,WI and Vancouver, WA.  Which way should I go?  The parting of ways will come in the coming weeks when VC will remain in the 50's and 40's while Park Falls falls lower and lower until -20 appears on the weather channel temperature scene.  Oh My.    I was going to stay in for the rest of the day since the weather was not good, but I needed to look into a Medicare supplement before Friday, Dec. 7.  Someone here in the park told me about a particular agent to see.  Seeing that Dec. 7 isn't far away I called the fellow and he could meet with me at 4PM---or rather, I could meet with him.  I didn't want to admit to him that finding new locations in VC panics me so I just sounded, "ah um" as he too quickly gave directions.  I meant to look it up on map quest but didn't realize until I was on my way that I had forgotten to.  Fortunately I am getting to know a few major roads so getting there in the day light wasn't too traumatic.  We did our discussing and I hope I left with the right decision. 
      Since I was already "out and about" I stopped at Freddy's for a few salad fixings, turbinado sugar and fresh half and half.  (Here's to the perfect cup on Yorkshire Gold tea!)  Finally back home, it was time to fix a Maga Salad with a bunch of healthy food. 
     I didn't do anything specifically Christmas, but did gasp at how late in the year it is and how quickly that came about.  (I did think about putting the Thanksgiving decorations away.)

     "On the fourth day of Christmas I looked Christmas ads through.....
and thought about going to the Portland zoo."  ( for the Christmas lights/you can come too) 
______________________________________________________________________

TUESDAY....

       I was on a positive, constructive course today,until......I started watching The Lost Skeleton of  Cadavra.  Ouch.  I've seen cheesy, stupid movies, but that has got to be the worst.  I am presuming it was produced that way on purpose.  Check it out if you need a trip into the ridiculous.  (The one before it, Babe, the story of baseball great, Babe Ruth, had substance and biography to it.)  Not that I spent a large chunk of the evening watching movies---I also watched today's episode of  Little People, Big World.
    Last night and today I experienced first hand "temperate rain forest" rain.  Not just gallons of rain, but tons.  I guess that is what I signed up for by moving out here.  It would make LOTS of snow if the temperature were lower, but it's not.  And the grass is still green.
    After a good night's sleep I went to water aerobics.  It was a good morale stimulant to overcome the rain.  Then it was a day of figuring misc. issues and a trip to Freddy's in the flooding rain.  I bought me a Dyson vacuum cleaner.  Two people at the store commented they (or their mom) have one and it is great.  Great to hear.  The sale wasn't great, but with a 10% extra off coupon and another 10% senior discount and a $100 Freddy's gift certificate the price came out alright.  After a stint in the rain to put my new Dyson in the car, it was back into Freddy's to spend that $100 gift certificate on Christmas decorations.  Yeah! 
     Later in the afternoon Bob and I embarked on a new experience.  Not Handyman Bob. (There are a lot of Bobs out here.)  Musician Bob and I are going to play accompaniment for Christmas carols at the Christmas pot luck next week.  He'll play guitar while I play piano.  We worked on about 10 songs.  He said this is first time he's played as a team. I think we did fine.  Great fun!
   And then it was movie time and you already know the rest of the story. 

    "On the fifth day of Christmas I drove through pounding rain.....
bought Christmas trims, then played a song about a toy train."  (I did)   

     This has been a good Dec. 3rd and 4th days in the life of Grandma G. 

     "Never again will all life be cut off by the waters of a flood; never again will there be a flood to destroy the earth."  (Genesis 9:11)
   
        

No comments:

Post a Comment