Thursday, December 6, 2012

I Got Caught....

     Have you ever been in a situation where you know some facts but don't remember all of them so you make up the part you don't remember and state them as fact that you know?  Well, I was in that situation this morning. 
     After water aerobics some of us ladies were relaxing in the hot tub.  One lady (who is probably in her 80's) was telling about a fascinating program she watched the night before.  It was about unusual friendships between animals.  I wanted to add my bit so I told of a program I saw a few years back about two young elephants that had become friends in an animal shelter and then were separated when one was sent back to the jungle.   Several years later the other one was returned to the jungle and they both remembered each other.  Okay, part of the account is accurate and part was "vaguely remembered".     It happens another lady (in her 70's) was listening to the conversation and she piped in, "Oh, I saw that episode and the elephants weren't sent to the jungle.  They were separated and 30 years later were reunited, but that happened in the elephant reserve in Tennessee."   Busted.
     I admire these ladies who are determined to defy aging and keep their minds and bodies as active as possible.  I want to join their ranks.
 
  I read a Face Book entry from my son, Gerry.  He was at his 5 year old daughter's classroom to teach them how to make paper snowflakes.




    
   





                                     Yummy winter treat....






   In the afternoon I spent some time practicing a song,    Old Toy Trains, to play along with Musician Bob at our Christmas pot luck next week. It is a song written by Roger Miller and sung by Glen Campbell  I needed to learn the song and also how to transpose it from F to D.   Later we practiced for 2 hours.  It is great fun to be playing piano again with someone.
     
     While listening to Christmas CDs I spent some time thinking of my Christmas wish list to give to my kids.  It goes something like this:  a small camera with 10 times zoom and plug in recharger, Sudoku puzzles, musk hand lotion, funky socks, scissors and dark chocolate candy bars.  It is always a fun time to send it to them.
      I also made a list of activities and events between now and Christmas.  There are only 4 days where there is nothing "extra" going on.  Oh My.

   





Park road being repaved













      Weird, but true, I called Deb's number to talk about activities and Angie answered.  She said she had just taken her mom's phone to call me when the phone rang and it was ME.  Same wave lengths. 
       Later at night I enjoyed watching the older movie, Out of  Africa.   It had beautiful scenery and a worthwhile story plot--a true life story of a lady writer, but I didn' t catch her name. (I'll have to make that up if I tell anyone about the movie.  Just kidding.)

      "On the 7th day of Christmas I wrote my Christmas list....
And listened to happy Christmas songs."

      This has been a good Thursday in the life of Grandma G.

      "I see him, but not now; I behold him, but not near.  A star will come out of Jacob; a scepter will rise out of Israel." (Numbers 24:17)    

      
   

No comments:

Post a Comment