Sunday, December 2, 2012

December 1 & 2

     Hello December.  The last  month of the year.  The month of the longest day of darkness.  The month when Christmas lights really light up the dark. 
    My December on Saturday started out with blue skies and mild temperatures.  I got myself to water aerobics after a 10 day absence.  I was glad to get back, get the exercise and then soak in the hot tub for several minutes.  AAAHHHH.
    I wasn't sure how the day was going to be occupied; there were many possibilities.  When I got home Deb had called and invited me to attend a home selling party for jewelry, "scentcies" and tote bags.  Figuring it was something "Christmas" to do I said I'd go.  Carole picked me up and, sure enough, the sky was full of rain by then.  We had an enjoyable time with Deb, Angie and Micaela.  (Someone took a picture with Deb's phone--I FORGOT my camera.  OH MY.  But.....I have not received the picture....SO, no picture)
    I did meet a girl who will be a piano student with me after the holidays.  I talked with a lady who works at a school nearby and also wants to start her son soon.  Good advertising.  

      "On the second day of Christmas I shopped at a home party....
        and ate a bunch of yummy good--ees."


    Saturday night it rained gallons and gallons, so Sunday morning I was surprised and delighted to wake up to SUN.  

 
   Sunshine on the way to church


     I found my way to a church I was invited to try.  It is a little farther away, but I am not so intimidated by the highways now.  It was a good service.  We sang a couple Christmas carols.
     Gerry was here to visit for the afternoon.  He has a work meeting near Portland tomorrow.  We sat and talked here and then drove to Deb's--in the rain.  He treated us to a carry out Thai dinner.  Yum.
    Didn't do much Christmasy today, but Deb and I talked about a few upcoming activities and decorating my house.  Also, revised the blog for the Christmas season.

    "On the third day of Christmas I sang some Christmas carols.....
      and ate Thai food with my so-n, Ger--ald."   (Hey, it rhymes)

 Louie, Georgia, Angie, Deb,Gerry, Bill
My house Nov. 26,2012



    The Monday after Thanksgiving Group
 
      This has been a good first two December days in the life of Grandma G.
 
     "He causes his sun to rise on the evil and the good, and sends rain on the righteous and unrighteous." (Matthew 5:45)
    

No comments:

Post a Comment