Tuesday, December 18, 2012

What IS That Smell?


 
     The past couple weeks I kept smelling "molding citrus" in the house.  I would keep emptying the garbage basket even though I didn't think there were any oranges in it.  (It's a bit embarrassing when one it trying to make one's house smell like Christmas.)    Today I was opening the drapes in the guest room when the aroma whiffed by again.  Then I started to think.  My granddaughter, Gemma, had played with nickels and oranges in that room during Thanksgiving weekend.  A few glances under the dresser and bed revealed the culprit---molding citrus.   

      Handyman Bob came over today to help clean up and set up my soon to be Grandma G's teaching studio.  There is still much to do, but at least I can envision a pleasant studio.  Yeah!

     Carole and I road with Debbie to do a little shopping in Portland.  We stopped at Stanford's for happy hour. I tried some pork tacos.  I forgot to inquire how spicy they might be.   Turns out they might be quite spicy.   That didn't bother Carole who devoured hers in a few minutes.  Me?  I got one down in about 20 minutes and my mouth and lips stung for 2 hours.  Yikes. 

    It FINALLY happened.  Yep.  While shopping I met up with somebody I knew. In fact 2 people.  I have waited since August for that to happen.  I was walking down an aisle and there they were.  I ran over and told them I have waited since August to meet up with someone I know.  They were excited for me.  Of course....... it was bound to happen since I road to the store with them. 

    "On the 16th day of Christmas I went with Debbie to the store.....
and ate a spicy taco while Carole ate one more."

   This has been a good "work in the studio" day in the life of Grandma G.

 
     "Jesus answered, 'I am the way, the truth and the life.  No one comes to the Father except through me'." (John 14:6)


    




 


No comments:

Post a Comment