Sunday, December 9, 2012

First PNW Nap......

      After a productively busy day yesterday my senior energy levels plummeted today.  I remember having trouble sleeping over night, but thought I had enough.  I did get to church fine and on one of the main highways.  I felt so confident (sort of) that I returned home via that same highway.  All was going well until---which exit do I take---205E or continue to 205W?  I want to go east so that is the one I took.  Wrong.  It was right except it took me too far east.  By now I am a little familiar with major roads and could get off and back onto a different road that would take me home, but a longer route.  At least I was up for the minor challenge.
     When I arrived home I was missing something.  Oh Ya.  Energy.  On this chilly, drizzly day a nap sounded really good.  I suddenly became aware that is one thing I haven't done here yet.  So off to 2 hours of Zs.  Didn't sleep much, but it sure felt good to veg and do nothing.
     Once I got going again it was back to decorating.  Put up the little village.  Yep.  Nice touch of Christmas past in Park Falls, WI. 

     Speaking (or writing) of  Park Falls.  I see that the northern mid west has it own "named" winter storm--Caesar.  The only thing I like about Caesar is the salad and actually I don't like the dressing, just the salad. 
    This is new to me (I think).  I don't remember any winter storms in the past be granted a name.  The most recent one for me was the storm of February, 2012.  I called it the Leap Day storm--a day that shouldn't have been anyway.  
FLASHBACK.....
LEAP DAY STORM 2012
FRONT, SIDE AND BACK YARD...OF MINE...


 My collapsible garage--I didn't know it was meant to collapse.


 TRUSTY, RELIABLE RESCUER....
GRANDSON ED
 WHY IS SHE SMILING?  NO SNOW NEXT WINTER....






     Anyway, Caesar won't make an appearance out here in the Pacific Northwest.  Yeah.
 
     "On the eighth day of Christmas I took a winter nap.... 
set up a tiny village... and that's a Christmas rap ." 
 
      This has been a good PNW nap day in the life of Grandma G.
 
     "He sends his command to the earth; his word runs swiftly.  He spreads the snow like wool  and scatters the frost like ashes." (Psalm 147:16)
      
   

No comments:

Post a Comment