Monday, December 17, 2012

A Fun Cookie Time.....




     I found a place in my house where I can sit and watch the blue sky outside.  "Sun breaks" they are called around here--the patches of blue and sun in between downpours of rain.  I can sit at my dining table and gaze through the deck doors.  Woo!   Woo!  After 2&1/2 days of rain I was able to enjoy blue for awhile.  Actually, the sun shone for a long time this afternoon and I took a 30 minute walk later in the day.  (My granddaughter, Angie, said to be careful, it's really cold--about 38 degrees.  Not enough to scare a former Wisconsinite.)  There are forecasts for possible SNOW the next 2 days.  HMMMMMM. 








      At our Bible study this morning we enjoyed  cookies and Christmas carols. I even received 2 cards.  A fun start of the week.



     Later in the day Angie, Micaela and Jake came over to help make cut out cookies.  That was a fun time.  Cut out cookies have been a big tradition in the family through the years.  Angie, especially, was excited to come do cookies.  She asked if I were happy to be living in Vancouver.  I gave her a definite, YES.  It is comforting to have family to come visit. 




     "On the 15th day of Christmas my grandkids came to call.....
and we made cookies large and small."

     This has been a good cookie making day in the life of Grandma G.

     "Children's children are a crown to the aged."  (Proverbs 17:6)



   












 




 

No comments:

Post a Comment