Thursday, December 27, 2012

Time to get out the long underwear.....

 
       I'm off to northern Wisconsin 7AM tomorrow--Friday.  I had to search through my clothing to find warmer, winter items.  Among them is a REAL winter coat, snow boots, long sleeve shirts, and long, snuggy underwear (pink).  I am excited to see my family and friends, but NOT the cold, snowy weather. 
      I am leaving at just the right time.  Vancouver is forecast to have 3 days of sunshine in the mid 40's. (a little sarcasm, please)   Wisconsin will be in the teens and snow. 
      I did get myself up this morning to go to water aerobics.  I didn't feel like going, but really felt refreshed after.  Then a perm and sunshine later in the day made.......my day!
      Packing is a real challenge for me.  You'd think that after several times one would be fast and organized.  NOPE.  But it is done and one little suitcase will cost $25 to check while the other will go on board with me.  Those of you who travel get the picture. 
_________________________________________________________________

Backwards again.  Wednesday.   Feast of St. Steven.....

      "Good King Wenceslaus looked out on the feast of Stephen,"   Today was the feast of Stephen (sometimes Steven).  It is also my dad's Birthday--John Steven.   He died several years ago.  Though I didn't live at home with him much he still had a great influence in my life.  As kids we called him Pop.  His favorite joke was when we wanted to do something we would chant, "Can we, Pop?  Can we, Pop?"  He'd put his fingers in his ears and declare, "Sure, go ahead and pop"

 
Gertrude and John Jarosinski
 
      My mom passed away several years ago on Christmas Eve.  She laid confined to bed from a stroke in a nursing home for many years.  That Christmas she was freed to be young and up and around again. 
      Most of the day was spent catching up on emails to friends, paying bills, doing laundry and figuring out what to pack for my trip to Wisconsin.  It was also a tired day--probably the aftermath of Christmas activities and food, food, food.
 
      Next post from the frosty northwoods of Wisconsin. 
 
    This has been 2 good "get ready to fly to Wisconsin" days in the life of Grandma G.
 
     "Your love,  O Lord, reaches to the heavens, your faithfulness to the skies."  (Psalm 36:5)
 
      

No comments:

Post a Comment