Friday, December 7, 2012

Oh, Christmas Tree.....


     What a busy day!  For me anyway.  After having gone to bed earlier in the day (12:45AM) I did sleep in a bit.  I had to spend time figuring some bills and money available and all that stuff before heading out to a chiropractor appointment.  I still am not psyched for traffic and stop lights, so got there late and had to wait awhile.  Also still plagued with a stiff, sore right shoulder.  The doctor said it takes a long time, sometime months for a shoulder to heal and that it is important to continue with the exercises.  Oh and ouch. 
     Early afternoon I headed back into the busy area of the neighborhood for a meeting with a financial advisor.  Over the years I've handled some of the financial affairs of our married life, but not all of them.  It is a new experience to be in charge of ALL my various needs.  Right now everything is like a big tangled web of electrical wires--try to figure what goes where.
     As I left for the bank I was  reminded I am in the Pacific Northwest.  A sudden deluge of rain greeted me as I closed the front door.  Ten minutes later it was done.  Thirty minutes later I was done with the meeting, still confused, but more informed.  And with other things on my mind. 
                                          A Christmas tree.
    Last evening I had talked with Deb.  Her kids would like to come over to help me decorate.  But how does a senior lady get a Christmas tree home and set up?   On the way to the bank I noticed a corner lot about 1/2 mile away that had trees.  So on the way home---since it wasn't raining--- rather than pulling into my residence I continued on around the neighborhood block and back to the tree lot.  The young couple there were very good to me.  They offered to load ( for a couple dollars) the tree on their van, drive to my house and set it in the tree stand I bought from them.  Great.  That they did.  I am very grateful.


            TREE DECORATING PARTY
                 ON SATURDAY  




       If one, or several, are going to have a party  then one needs whatever makes the party.  I realized I did not buy lights for the tree a few days ago when I bought other trimmings.  Gotta have lights.  Neither did I have snacks for hungry grandkids.  Gotta have snacks and soda (Dr. Pepper)  and some cookies.  Back into the busy, business area.  This time in the dark.  I never went the back way in the dark before.  So, the usual----I got lost.  Not really lost, just missed the proper turn and ended up at a dead end (OK, as long as it wasn't MY dead end.)
     It was a good shopping trip except I am appalled how long it took me to decide which lights, what color lights, what shape lights, how many lights, how long of light string, how many lights on each string, how many sets of strings.  I was equally shocked how long it took to decide what kind of pizza, what brand, thin or thick crust, self rising or not, with or without bread sticks, what size, how many.  I am starting to agree with the maxim, "Less is more".    So it was home once (rather twice) again.  This time to stay in for the night.

"WE WISH YOU A MERRY CHRISTMAS,
WE WISH YOU A MERRY CHRISTMAS,
AND A HAPPY NEW YEAR."
 
     GRANDMA G'S 18 GRANDKID CHOIR 
 
     With having raised 7 children and now having 18 grandkids I buy in "semi-bulk".  What one gets, most everyone else gets.  Found a good buy on silly pens.  Girls will get the fluffies (one will get a snowman).  Boys will get "boxing" creatures. 
 
     "On the seventh day of Christmas I bought a Christmas tree.....
       and heard 18 grandkid harmony."
 
     This has been a good "buy a Christmas tree" day in the life of Grandma G.
    
     "On each side of the river stood the tree of life, bearing twelve crops of fruit, yielding its fruit every month."  (Revelation 22:2)
 

  

       

No comments:

Post a Comment