Saturday, December 8, 2012

It's Beginning to Look Like Christmas....

    Before I got up this morning I asked God for the gift of being fully involved with life.  I knew Deb and her family were coming over today to help decorate my Christmas tree.  I didn't want them to know my kitchen was full of dirty dishes so I moved quickly when I first got up to get a load of dishes going before heading out to water aerobics.  I was actually quite surprised and impressed that I was energetic. 
     Our streets here in the park are torn up from replacing water pipes.  I could hear construction trucks nearby so decided to walk in case roads were blocked off.  (It is only a 5 minute walk, even in "winter".)
     Speaking of winter.  Oh, Ya.  I checked the weather.com as I do everyday.  The parting of ways has come and why I moved to VC is apparent.  

    I hope you noted the snow accumulations of
6 to 8 inches.  Ouch.   Not such pleasant memories.  I once was an arctic pioneer lady, but no more.

     After aerobics I spent time finding the rest of my Christmas decorations and CDs, cleaning up the house a bit AND sending out my annual wish list to the family.  I know the season is not official until this has been received.   

        I was happy at 4PM when Deb, Keys, Jake, Sissy, and Bentley came  over to help decorate my first Pacific Northwest Christmas tree.  Yeah!


Jake and Sissy making wishes and breaking the Thanksgiving wish bone.  Jake got the long portion, but he didn't quite know what it was all about.















 Ready for the Christmas Season
 Keys, Deb, Jake, Sissy and Bentley (Micaela couldn't come)


 Grandma G's first Pacific Northwest Christmas Tree
(a real one)
 
     "On the 7th day of Christmas we decorated the tree....
       Ate pizza and petted Bent-ley."  (It rhymes)
 
     This has been a good busy, tree decorating day in the life of Grandma G.
 
    "I have come that they may have life and have it to the full." (John 10:10)
 
    
          

No comments:

Post a Comment