Friday, November 30, 2012

12 days of Christmas 3 times over.....

     I woke up to sunshine this morning.  Surprise!!  Even if "morning" was 9:15.  I needed to wake up quickly since 10AM was coffee time at the club house.  I haven't gone before but today was special.  We were going to decorate for Christmas and have a chili feed.  Fun and Yum.   


    Though there are close to 200 units in the park, only about 15 people were present.  It was a social time of eating and chatting, even before getting on with the work.


What happened?
1. someone passed out?
2. someone was laughing so hard he fell?
3. someone is fixing the tree stand?
4. a wife just bonked her hubby?













            He's still there......



 

     The office lady asked me if I was still willing to play piano for caroling after the Christmas potluck dinner on Dec. 13.  I said sure and asked for the songbook.  Bob, a fellow there, said he heard I give piano lessons.  He asked if he could start lessons the beginning of the year.  He plays guitar, knows the various chords, reads a little music and wants to learn piano.  Yeah!  After some conversation it was decided that he would accompany me on the guitar for the Christmas carols.  That should be lots of fun.  I told him, too, that I'd be interested in playing with a group as time goes on.  He also makes guitars.   
 
      After 3 hours of sociability I went outside to discover rather mild temperatures.  Great time for a walk before any rain moves back in.  So a walk it was.   Wind was a little strong, but it was not arctic cold.  
      By mid afternoon the rain did move back in but by then I was content to stay inside--excited to start playing Chirstmas carols, even if my piano is out of tune. 
     
     About the 12 days of Christmas 3 times over.......From today until I get back from a week in Wisconsin will be 36 days.  Tomorrow is the first of December.  Today was kick off of the 36 days---decorating the club house.  I will try to do "something Christmas" everyday until the final activity of return flight from Wisconsin on Friday, Jan. 3, 2013.  
 
        "On the first day of Christmas I helped trim the club house tree......
And ate a butter cook--ee." 



The 3 Senior Sisters
Kate, Betsy, Georgia
Christmas 2011
Indianapolis, Indiana



     This has been a good "start of Christmas" day in the life of Grandma G.

     "I can do everything through him who gives me strength."  (Philippeans 4:13)

 

No comments:

Post a Comment