Sunday, November 18, 2012

Age Appropriate Challenge.....

     I made contact with a minister I met a couple years ago--through an "ad virus" that sent it's ad out to all the people in my address book.  Strange, but true.  This minister sent me an email and said if I have moved out here (VC) I should come visit his church on Sunday.  SO.....having studied the address he sent and google maps and a paper map I figured I could find my way.   WRONG.  I did find the church but after going too far north then  6 times around the neighborhood with one way streets.  The challenge was worth it since the service was rewarding, people friendly, nice to meet the minister again and a Thanksgiving pot luck for lunch. I will probably try another service since next time the drive should go much better.
    It is winter here which means RAIN, RAIN, RAIN.  At the moment it is raining buckets and buckets.  Nice to stay inside.  There are flood advisories for low lying areas.  I think I am alright here.
   This afternoon I spent a few hours.....SHOPPING.   Even I am getting weary of SHOPPING.  With 3 days to go until my visiting family arrives I am eager to get the house ready to show off.  As I am getting into these senior years it seems to take more effort to focus and to keep going.  HMMMM.
    When I got home there was a phone message from a dear friend in Park Falls.  We connected later in the afternoon and had a good "catch up" chat. 
    In the evening I enjoyed 2 good movies while exercising and writing out Thanksgiving cards to the family.  That gave me a sense of continuity of traditions even though I have moved away. 

    This has been a good "age appropriate challenge" day in the life of Grandma G.

     "One of them, when he saw that he was healed, came back, praising God in a loud voice.  He threw himself at Jesus' feet and thanked him--and he was a Samaritan.  Jesus asked, 'Were not all ten cleansed?  Where are the other nine?  Was no one found to return and give praise to God except this foreigner?'  Then he said to him, 'Rise and go; your faith has made you well'." (Luke 17: 15-19)  

         

No comments:

Post a Comment