Saturday, November 3, 2012

Autumn's B-day and Surprise Phone Call.....

          After going to bed at 1AM and sleeping restlessly--oatmeal at 4AM---I woke up by a phone call from Deb at 9:40.  I told her I would drive up in an hour or so.  Shortly after, I was surprised by a call from a dear lady friend in Park Falls...the same one that sent me a real letter a few weeks ago.  (I had determined to write back to her, but didn't.) We had a friendly chat about all things Park Falls.  She said folks were asking how I am.  It is nice to know I am cared about.








 
     Today is Autumn's 10th B-day.  She was born in Milwaukee but has lived the past 7 years in PF.   She had taken 2 years of piano lessons from me.  I was happy to sing to her and talk with her on the phone today.    Happy B-day, Autumn!! 


                              Autumn, a little caught up in the moment.
Autumn, Grandma G, Al, Deanna, Eddie
August, 2012  Park Falls
 
        I finally arrived at Deb's about noon.  With Gerry in town we are having a "hanging out" weekend.  We considered taking a hike somewhere in Portland, but the weather was a bit damp and none of us were feeling completely well.  We did the next best thing--sit around, visit and eat.
 

     I went to the store with Debbie and enjoyed some beautiful fall scenery----and a surprise.







 
It's......It's......It's a BEAR!!!

 
 
 
 
NO,   It's a NEWFOUNDLAND!

I don't think I have ever seen a bigger dog....
 
 
 
 
"Hey, Skully, shouldn't there be ONE head and TWO feet?"
 
     This has been a good "hanging out at Deb's" day in the life of Grandma G.
 
 
      "Like cold water to a weary soul is good news from a distant land."  (Proverbs 25:25)
 
 
 
    
 


No comments:

Post a Comment