Thursday, November 22, 2012

HAPPY THANKSGIVING!

HAPPY THANKSGIVING!!
 
 
 
MT. HOOD AND COLUMBIA RIVER
(on the way home from the airport)
 
 
     Today was a busy Thanksgiving Day.   Having worked hard for several days to finish furnishing the house and grocery shopping at 10PM Wednesday I was quite fatigued this AM.  However even a tired turkey has to do her duty and gobble for family.  We have a tradition of the "Happy Turkey" that got away for another year to gobble her joy to all family members.  In fact individuals feel deprived (I think) if they don't get gobbled at.  GOBBLE!  GOBBLE! GOBBLE!  There are sometimes spontaneous gobbles even from younger turkeys in the family.  TRADITION!
 
HEY, DUDE, PROVERB.....
BETTER YOU THAN ME....
 
 
       At 10:30 this turkey got up her courage to make a trip to PDX airport to pick up Louie.  (The courage was for the interstate drive, not to pick up Lou.)   I am not comfortable with interstate driving yet, but with being only 15 minutes from the airport it is reasonable for me to do pick up.  I survived alright, but had to anticipate another trip to pick up my son, Bill at 3PM.  
      In the meantime the not so happy turkey who's turn it was to be cooked needed to be prepared and put in the oven.  
      At 3:45PM all of us turkeys were in my car and onto Deb's house for evening meal and visiting.
      Having made two airport runs I was through for the day.  However.....Deb had to pick up Angie at 8PM and has to get Gerry, Jude and Gemma at midnight. 
     Tomorrow is our Schmidt Thanksgiving dinner here at my house!  15 people!   Yeah!
 
      Thanksgiving is a wonderful, serious holiday for giving thanks to God for all his blessings.  The holiday began with our pioneer settlers for gratefulness of God's protection and provisions for their needs. 
      Today I am thankful and grateful to God for all my family, my move across the Rocky Mountains, my new home, for health and provision and the blessing of living in a country where we are free to worship without fear.  Thank You, God.
 
     This has been a good Thanksgiving Day in the life of Grandma G.
 
     "Enter his gates with thanksgiving and his courts with praise; give thanks to him and praise his name.  For the Lord is good and his love endures forever."  (Psalm 100:4 & 5)
 
 
          

No comments:

Post a Comment