Friday, November 9, 2012

Handyman jobs/Rest day....

          I am a grandma and senior citizen.  SO.....it is alright to admit to an achy body.  I am still doctoring for a strained right shoulder.  It has been several weeks now since I unknowingly injured it.  For a long time it was painful and too stiff to move much.   I faithfully (almost) did exercises for the arm and the rest of my body.  At present the pain level is much reduced and most range of motion is back.  I had a chiropractic adjustment this morning and then decided to relax from exertion today. 
      Handyman Bob came back this afternoon.  He hung curtain rods, a custom-sized blind, coat hooks, wall decorations and put together a set of shelves for the bathroom.  The house is almost ready for family to visit during Thanksgiving weekend.  Yeah!
      Since I proclaimed this to be a rest day, I put an artificial log on the fire (made a fire) and sat watching TV from 5:30 to 10PM.  That included 2 movies, some BBC news and an episode of Grimm.  A grandma needs to rest occasionally.   
      Angie called to say she got her ticket to fly out for Thanksgiving.  I am excited to have Louie and Angie from Wisconsin; Billy, Gerry, Jude and Gemma from San Diego to join the 6 Millers, Carole, Frank and me for Thanksgiving here in Vancouver, WA!!  Gobble! Gobble!

 
I told Uncle Ned not to lose his head because I wanted to dye my feathers red.
 
 
       This has been a good rest day in the life of Grandma G.
 
        "Come, let us sing for joy to the Lord; let us shout aloud to the Rock of our salvation.  Let us come before him with thanksgiving and extol him with music and with song."  (Psalm 95:1 &2)

No comments:

Post a Comment