Tuesday, November 13, 2012

Enjoyable "Alone" Day...

     I've had several days in a row interacting with people.  I like people and interacting.  But it was enjoyable today to not meet a schedule of any sort--a good "alone" day.  There is water aerobics on Tuesday morning, but I used the excuse of fatigue to not go.
     It was great to take time to re-access the "getting the house in order" progress.  My "have to buy" list is getting shorter and less complicated.  Yet there is still plenty to do before I declare everything in order.  I gathered up more drapes, knit shirts and decorations to return to Freddy's; made a fresh list of other items to buy; made myself presentable to the public and headed out and about. 
     First stop was at a beauty shop rather close to here.  The shop looked fresh and well maintained.  After a few questions I set up an appointment for a hair cut on Friday morning.  Hopefully this will be my hair care spot.

      At Freddy's I returned what I needed to and then headed down the aisle with my cart. There was a coupon good for an extra 10% off  housewares today.  Also if one spends $150 one can help herself to a free turkey. Gobble!  Gobble!  I found TWO  have to have items--- an artificial tree and an artificial palm fern.  Yeah!  Both on clearance.  Yeah, again!  I also found a funky black area rug that has a piano key pattern running through it.  Perfect for Grandma G's studio when she gets around to setting it up.  So with the addition of a half circle black accent table for my entrance way and a 11 by 14 (inches,not feet) photo frame I was able to hunt down and harvest a frozen 19# turkey--for free.  Life is good.       
 
     After hauling all my treasures into my house I took a walk around the neighborhood.  I heard a loud twittering of birds.  It went on so long and even I thought perhaps someone was playing  a recording.  However, I did spot them in a large tree a bit away.  I met up with several people walking.  I commented to a couple that this must be walking time.  The lady repsonded that they are done, having just walked to and back from Bi-Mart. (That would be a 2&1/2 to 3 mile walk.  New goal for me--walk to Bi-Mart and back.  Then I will consider joining the elite over 50 hikers group.) 
      



 

 
 
 
ALSO CAME ACROSS OTHER BIRDS
 
 

 
     Since I missed aerobics and my right shoulder joint is still hurting I did 50 minutes of stretching in the evening while watching TV.   Relaxing and invigorating. 
     I was excited to see that my favorite little people family reality show is back on.  The Roloff's are back!  They are now running a wedding farm.  Tune in on Tuesday evenings to see how they are doing.  They actually live here in the Portland area. 
 

TOTAL ECLIPSE OF THE SUN AS SEEN
IN CAIRNES, AUSTRALIA
(PICTURE TAKEN BY ME FROM THE TV, A LITTLE OUT OF FOCUS--STILL COOL)
 
You know, Dude, I always wanted to be just like you when I grow up but now I've changed my mind.
 
 
 
      This has been a good, enjoyable "alone" day in the life of Grandma G.
 
      "Do not be anxious about anything, but in everything, by prayer and petition, with thanksgiving, present your requests to God. And the peace of God which transcends all understanding will guard your hearts and your minds in Christ Jesus."  (Philippians 4: 6 & 7) 
 
     

No comments:

Post a Comment