Monday, November 19, 2012

Rainy Day in VC.....

     The winter rains have come to the PNW.  I was fortunate to not have to go anywhere, but the news reported trees down and mud slides along the Oregon coast.  News also said there was record rain in various locations.  The temperature was mild--in the fifties.  I also heard on the news there was a 3.5  earthquake this morning beneath the Columbia River.  It was deep enough there was no damage, but folks on the west side of Vancouver felt it.  OH MY.
    Inside my house I was busy finalizing preparations for family coming in 3 days.  Handyman Bob was here hanging up pictures, fixing door closers, cutting up cardboard, etc.  He'll come again on Wednesday and then he should be done until I am ready to set up my teaching studio.
    After he left I put an artificial log on the fire and watched TV for awhile.  The most wistful time of the day for me is when day fades and the blinds and drapes need to be closed.  I want to linger with the daylight coming in as long as possible.  The fire made for a cozy feeling with the rain pattering outside. 






     This evening was more prep for company--laundry, bedding, shopping list, stashing boxes away.  The count down has started.  Company will start arriving in 2&1/2 days.   I am looking forward to BIG FUN for 5 days.  Yeah!   I am excited to show off my new house, decorated and ready for company.
  
 
HEY, DUDE PROVERB.....
THE TURKEY THAT GETS DRESSED FOR
THANKSGIVING DINNER 
 IS
THANKSGIVING DINNER

 One annoying, odd situation has been plaguing me (and a business in Park Falls) for several weeks.  Here are the needed facts to know.  I use to run a store called Northwoods Music and Supplies;  I lived at 214  S 6th Ave in Park Falls;  when I closed the store I had the mail sent to 214 S 6th Ave; when I moved out here I left my forwarding address with the PF post office;  there is a flooring store in PF called Northwoods Flooring:  it's address is 214 N 2nd Ave;  I am receiving a steady flow of mail for Northwoods Flooring; Northwoods Flooring is not receiving their mail (at least not until much later); I called the PF post office a month ago to tell them; I am still receiving mail for Northwoods Flooring; I recently included a note on the back on a piece of returned mail addressed to Norhtwoods Flooring---please call the PF post office regarding this matter; today I received mail addressed to Northwoods Flooring. 

     This has been a good VC rainy day in the life of Grandma G.

     "Give thanks to the Lord, call on his name; make known among the nations what he has done.  Sing to him, sing praise to him; tell of all his wonderful acts."  (Psalm 105:1 & 2)

    

No comments:

Post a Comment