Tuesday, November 6, 2012

Election Day/Still Settling In......

       Today was a bit disorganized.  I intended to go to water aerobics this morning.  When I first woke up at 7:20 I figured I would just relax awhile.   THEN, when I woke up again at 9:10 it was too late for aerobics.  Oh, well.  
       I turned on TV to watch the election coverage.  Today is a significant day for our country.  It is a privilege to freely vote for our leaders. I have been watching BBC news.  Great way to get a neutral, international perspective. 
       I  needed to get out to look for more items such as heavy curtain rods, blinds, drapes, coat hooks, etc.  I didn't realize how much there is to completing a household.  My goal is to be done by Thanksgiving----that is only 2 weeks away.  I have a B-day gift to send to Autumn.  You'd think that is simple enough.  But not knowing where to find the Post Office it a huge detriment to this senior lady.  That I would conquer today.  The kind teller at the bank explained where it is---sounded rather close and simple to get there. 
     So off I went.   I took care of another city necessity---a reward card for a local grocery.  That seems to be the current trend; it's the only way to get all the sales the stores offer.  Got the card while chatting with the clerk about the cold of the midwest.  He said folks out here complain about the cold, but they don't know what cold is.  I added 6 Amens to that.  Two stores and 4 hours later I drove past the Post Office.  Didn't stop.  It was dark and raining, but the building looks new and attractive.  I don't need to be afraid of going to the Post Office anymore.
     I bought enough stuff to keep Handyman Bob busy for 5 hours, so will call him tomorrow.  There is also enough cardboard to cut up recycling to keep him busy another few hours. 
     The election coverage covered most of my evening and late night as I stretched for an hour and ate dinner.  Again I watched BBC news.  Congratulations to re-elected President Obama. 


          Girdle the Turtle.....
 
     Be careful what you ask for.  On the way out yesterday I showed Angie my first lawn ornament.  She said I "done good"  Once we decided this was a girl turtle we were trying to decide on a name.  Just then a fellow was walking by.  We started chatting about my house and he pointed out where he lives.  He commented I have a big house and added that if he owned it there would be model railroad tracks throughout.  I told him our plight of finding a name for my turtle. Does he have any suggestions?  Yep,  Girdle.  Girdle?   Angie thought it was a perfect name.  SO.... I asked and this little turtle is now Girdle the Turtle. 
        
     This has been a good election day in the life of Grandma G.

     "Rightousness exalts a nation, but sin is a disgrace to any people." (Proverbs 14:34)

No comments:

Post a Comment