Wednesday, November 14, 2012

Beautiful Sunny Day....




        Today was a beautiful, mild sunny day here in VC.  I went to the monthly ladies' out to lunch event.  I even met my neighbor who lives about  6 feet from me.  The lady who picked me up also picked her up.  Great way to meet one's neighbor after 2&1/2 months.  She is 80 years old and has lived here about a year after living 74 years in Juneau, Alaska. 













                  We drove to Battle Ground, a small city just up the road from here---really.  It was a country drive.  After lunch Jan took us around to show us a county park and the road that leads to a state park--all about a 20 minute drive from here.  Yeah!  (My future visits are going to be so proud of me when I can drive them to close by outdoor excursions.)

     Upon returning home I went walking since the day was so gorgeous.  After all that is part of the reason for moving here--to go walking throughout the winter months.

    



Cascade Mountains in the distance


Mid November flowers









 

     After the walk it was back to Freddy's to continue my "put the house in order and get ready for Thanksgiving company" quest.  (I'm starting to recognize some of the workers there.) Actually, I'm waiting for the first excitement of meeting up with someone I know and who recognizes me when out shopping.  Hasn't happened yet.
     
 
 
                                                HEY, DUDE, PROVERB....
HE WHO GOBBLES THE LOUDEST
GETS GOBBLED THE SOONEST
 
      This has been a good beautiful, sunny day in the life of Grandma G.
 
      "Thanks be to God for his indescribable gift."  (2 Corinthians 9:15)

No comments:

Post a Comment