Monday, November 12, 2012

It's Almost Done!

     It's Almost done!  It really is!  (I think).  I'm working very hard to get my house cleaned up, decorated and cozy by Thanksgiving Day and family comes to visit.  Handyman Bob came today to conquer the mountain of empty boxes and junk stuffed in the garage.  There was no place to walk in there.  (Sorry, no picture--missed that one--gone forever)   He cut up, bagged up, took apart, stuffed his little SUV and made what we called in Wisconsin a "dump run".  Now my garage is ready for a rain or shine party.  Yeah!
     Handyman Bob is a former Marine and retired Air Guard civilian employee.  Now he helps out us senior ladies in need.  Thanks, Bob, for your commitment to the military and your kindness to us senior folks!
    In the house Mrs. Handyman Bob was cleaning walls, floors and above cabinets for me.  There has been a layer of fine dust on most everything since I first moved in.  I figured one good cleaning should put things back into almost new home status---at least clean home status.  
    I actually had a difficult time getting motivated to get out of bed this morning.  After a busy day yesterday my senior body just wanted to do NOTHING.  At this point I am getting weary of buying and organizing and decorating.  It's like the last few laps of a long race---it's more effort than fun. But, it will be great fun and satisfaction to show off a well decorated, orderly, clean home.  (Want to know a secret?  I've never had one of those in all my 46 years of marriage and raising a family.) 
    Later in the afternoon I indulged myself in watching a remade old movie (1960), Spartacus.  It was a 3 hour classic about gladiators revolting against Rome.  I remembered parts of it as they were happening.  
    Tomorrow it is back to the stores to get hardware supplies, return a pile of drapes that didn't work, buy misc. small items, AND start bringing in supplies for Thanksgiving Dinner and a dumpling meal.  If I buy $150 worth of items at Freddy's I get a FREE turkey.  Can't pass that one up.

_________________________________________________________________________


 
 FLASHBACK 2011
THANKSGIVING IN SAN DIEGO
 
LEAVING  PARK FALLS, WI  NOV.  20
 
 
 
ARRIVING SAN DIEGO,CA NOV. 20
 


APPLE LADY AND I
ARE HAPPY TO BE
IN CALIFORNIA





HEY, DUDE, PROVERB......
A COOKED TURKEY IS A COOKED TURKEY
WHETHER IN WISCONSIN
OR CALIFORNIA
 
 
     This has been a good "let's get the house in order" day in the life of Grandma G.
 
     "Be joyful always; pray continually; gives thanks in all circumstances, for this is God's will for you in Christ Jesus."  (1 Thessalonians 5:16-18)
 
 
     




 

No comments:

Post a Comment