Saturday, November 17, 2012

OH MY!....

     Today was like a many sided waterfalls---energy flowing in several directions.  The morning started off with my secret.  I blogged Thursday's and Friday's blog this morning and dated it for yesterday.  OH, MY!   I need to find a better time than just before bed, but then the day isn't over until just before bed.  OH, MY! 
     By the time I finished blogging it was 11AM.  Freddy's has door buster sales that run from Friday afternoon until 1PM on Saturday.  Very good sales.  I needed to get there and get some of those very good sales---still decorating the house.  OH MY!   I also needed to get back to cook my wild rice dressing and be ready for our community Thanksgiving dinner by 3:30. 
     Winter blew back in last night.  RAIN. RAIN.  RAIN.   Not a good day to be buying wall hanging and a chair.  I did find an "accent" chair on sale and 10% off because it was the last one and the floor model.  Fine with me because of added bonus---it was already put together.  OH MY! 
      I had help loading the car.  The pleasant young man who helped me was very talkative and oblivious to the pouring rain. He was aware to not get the wall painting wet or scratched as he was talkaly and slowly putting the chair and smaller items in the car and trunk.  OH MY!
     On the way home I had my first high of the day----green lights all the way.  Talk about beating the system and a Saturday adrenalin rush.  OH MY!   Made it home in 5 minutes---or less.
     I pictured making this wild rice dressing that would blow everyone away (be impressed).  I was worried because I misplaced the recipe page.  Since people would be pushing others out of the way to get more I made a triple batch (to have some for next weekend as well).  OH MY!  I now have 6 quart bags filled and sitting in the freezer.  I hope I enjoy wild rice dressing for the next 6 months.  Maybe visitors will be blown away by my wild rice dressing in the coming months.   OH MY!

      The Thanksgiving dinner at the club house was very enjoyable.  I was startled and surprised when one of the office ladies asked if I would play the piano for the folks while the others were still coming and the food was set up.  OH MY!  I haven't played much since moving here so my mind went blank.  I did play a bit--figured since they were my songs nobody would know if I wasn't playing them correctly.  Everyone was kind and said they enjoyed it.   The office lady asked if I would play some Christmas carols for a sing along at the Christmas potluck (wild rice dressing might be nice to bring).  I told her yes--- there will be music to read and I have time to prepare.   One lady asked me if I had played piano for a church and when I responded yes she turned to her friend and said, "See, I told you she probably did; you can tell the way she played".  OH MY!
     It is very nice to be getting to know people enough that they are individuals now and not strangers. I felt like we are starting to be friends and family.   Happy Thanksgiving! 








Potatoes and veggies and stuffing and.....
TURKEY for dinner,  OH MY! 


     This has been a good "OH MY!" day in the life of Grandma G.

     "He who sacrifices thank offerings honors me, and he prepares the way so that I may show him the salvation of God."  (Psalm 50: 23)



    
















   

No comments:

Post a Comment