Tuesday, November 20, 2012

Count Down....

     Count down to Thanksgiving company time--1&1/2 days.  I am not good at being under pressure any more.  It used to be that pressure energized me.  Now it paralyzes me.  Pressure is a HUGE brick wall.  Is that a characteristic of senior citizenship? 
     Most tasks in the house are done.  Handyman Bob is coming over tomorrow to finish up whatever I have for him.  How much depends on me getting to a couple stores in the morning.  I had planned to go today, but heavy rain and some financial confusions stopped me.  Now I have plans to head out by 9AM and finish what I need to do and be back by 11:30.  Hope to.
 
    I went for a walk late afternoon between the rain storms.  Out here they call it "sun bursts" when the sun shines for 15-20 minutes between dark gray cloud covers.   For example, it was raining REALLY hard earlier in the morning.  At 10AM the sun was bright in the blue sky--if you look south.  To the north all was gray.  Then more rain.  At 11:30 sun was bright in the blue sky.  (Would have been a great time to hurry to the stores.)  By 2PM there was the hardest rain I have seen since being here.  At 4:30PM the weather was cloudy, but beckoning.  Time for a walk. 


PNW SUNSET
(IN MIDWEST--RED SKIES AT NIGHT SAILORS' DELIGHT.
HOPE THAT WORKS FOR PNW AS WELL)

 
GREEN GRASS AND PUDDLES
 
                                                                




NEW HOME GOING IN

 

                                                                                TWILIGHT IN THE PARK
 
       This evening after the walk I did stretches for almost an hour while watching the latest business adventure of the Roloff family.  They have developed a "wedding farm".  They are one reality family I enjoy watching--hard working and good values.
 
       Tomorrow is final prep day for family company and a 5 day Thanksgiving visit.  I am pumped to be hanging out with family and simply enjoying life.  Yeah!  Pumped, too, to have my house all cozy and orderly.  Yeah, again!   Now I can start LIVING in it.  
 
 
Count down, Dude!
There's no reason to lose one's head
in all this holiday prep.
 
     This has been a good count down day in the life of Grandma G.
 
     "Give thanks to the Lord, for he is good; his love endures forever.  Who can proclaim the mighty acts of the Lord or fully declare his praise"  (Psalm 106:1 & 2)   
 


No comments:

Post a Comment