Thursday, November 29, 2012

Hodge-Podge...



     Today was Hodge-Podge day.  I woke up thinking about and missing my little music store in Park Falls, Wisconsin.  I enjoyed the interaction with folks and my music students.  But on deeper thought, I recalled all the work that went with it---and the snow and icy roads in the winter.  So I will relish the reminisce while being grateful for my new PNW life. 
     After another long night's sleep I attended the Red Hats 2013 planning meeting.  We came up with a year's worth of fun activities.  I just listened and agreed since, being new to the area, I had no suggestions and everything will be an adventure to me.  I think, though, that I had written a suggestion last month of visiting the Rose Garden (the garden not the sports arena) and that is down for June when the roses are in full bloom.  Yeah, one for me!


Enthusiastic Chatter.....
                                           Free Stuff....

 
      I was home by noon to figure out the rest of my life.  I thought about the movie I had watched the day before, Soul Surfer.  It is a 2011 film about surfer Bethany Hamilton who at age 13 had her left arm bitten off by a shark.  It portrays her story of recovery and determination to get back into surfing.  Wonderful, inspirational, motivational movie.  Anyway, it struck me that if one wants something to be accomplished one has to make it happen by purposely making it happen.  Therefore.....I am dedicated to getting the unorganized part of my life in order and to get on with the world of music performance.  It is SO easy for me to wile away the day and not have positive productivity.  Self discipline or the lack thereof.  (I do find it a challenge with living alone to keep a continual productive flow of activity going---that is, not sitting in front of the TV for hours at a time.)
 
     I told the story awhile back about the mail from Northwoods Flooring that keeps getting sent out to me. Last year at this time I operated at store in Park Falls, WI named Northwoods Music.   I used to live at 214 Sth 6th Ave Sth and had my store mail sent there.  The flooring store is situated at 214 2nd Ave. N ( I can see the overwhelming confusion, south and north are very close together, as are 2nd and 6th.)  At least I thought the flooring store was there.  Today I decided to look up the number of the store and CALL them to explain that I just re-received 8 pieces of their mail--ones I had sent back to their address last week.  It turns out that upon dialing that number one is informed that the store went out of business last May (earlier than mine did). Next move?  (not location, rather next try.)  Probably "return to sender".  See what happens.  You and me both.
 
     The remainder of the day included an hour of stretching, sorting out a bag of paper stuff (not done yet), laundry, finding pictures on the computer, playing and practicing piano 2 hours, and mentally scanning the next 4 weeks of Christmas prep.    
 
 
                       THANKSGIVING FLASHBACK
 
 
COUSINS
 
 

 BIG LEAF
THAT'S A LOT OF TURKEYS IN ONE FAMILY
        (THANKSGIVING DAY IN WAUSAU, WISCONSIN)
 
     This has been a good "hodge-podge" day in the life of Grandma G.
 
 
      "'For I know the plans I have for you', declares the Lord, 'plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future'."  (Jeremiah 29:11)
 
    




        

No comments:

Post a Comment